“Very good flight and service”
Review of Hainan Airlines

Reviewed January 25, 2018

I enjoyed my flight with Hainan. Given the long journey they were able to provide a level of service that ensured the time was pleasant. I truly enjoyed the warm towel service provided during the flight. Food and drinks were offered mulitple times. This included two full meals and a snack. The food was ok, given that I was flying economy. There was definitely enough to ensure that you didn't go hungry. If you are a picky eater you can always bring something you like onto the flight to keep you during the 12 hour flight. The in flight entertainment had enough selection to cover the many hours between many international movies and television shows.

If possible I suggest checking in online ahead of time in order to save a lot of time at the airport. If you don't check in ahead of time it can be a long wait.

My flights boarded promptly and and departed and arrived on time for both legs of my journey.

The price of the flights seem very good given the distance travelled.

Overall, I would fly with this airline again.

Date of travel: November 2017
1  Thank Rochelle H
Write a reviewReviews (1,405)

Reviewed January 24, 2018

Flew last week from Brisbane to Shenyang China, in Business class, outstanding performance from this airline,
flight.....very good
service...excellent
food...as good as any 5 star on ground resturant
Crew...outstanding
Very hard to find anything to complain about, one of the best flights I have made in the last 50 yrs,
fors...everything
agin..I found the seats in BC small and 2/2/2 so you have to climb over to get out the a/c need to be upgraded to the new herringbone layout
we have not been paid or asked by this airline to make these comments

Date of travel: January 2018
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

Firstly to comment on the review by Christine. The Australian immigration card only being in Chinese was a problem for me as well. Surely, this is the Australian Immigration office's error in not having dual languages on the card, not the airlines fault and any complaint should be directed there. Secondly I ordered a special meal from Tel Aviv to Beijing and fruit platters on the rest of the journey. The special meals were terrible! But the fruit platters were great! Thirdly our flight from Changsha to Beijing was apparently cancelled and on arrival we were rushed on to another connector flight. The problem was that check in at Beijing only commenced 3 hours before the next flight and we arrived 6 hours before, and had to sit around an empty terminal until check-in opened. In all other aspects, aircraft, staff and generally flights were above average.

Date of travel: December 2017
Reviewed January 21, 2018

We flew Dublin to Manchester [Aerlingus] on the fist leg of our journey & then to Beijing with Hainan Airline, economy class. As always, Aerlingus was super to fly with. This was our first time to fly with Hainan & hopefully won't be our last because our experience was really good. We were looked after really well, staff were professional, attentive & courteous at all times and the food was as good as you will get on any good airline. We had the feeling that Hainan were trying very hard to be acknowledged as a first class airline and they didn't disappoint. Good news for Irish travellers ... Hainan will soon be flying directly out of Dublin to Beijing.

Date of travel: January 2018
3  Thank John A
Reviewed January 19, 2018

We sat in economy seats, mid plane. The food and drink service was good. The price was very reasonable. We would recommend this flight, on this airline. The only concern was that on the return flight, the direct flight was cancelled and we were rebooked on an alternate route on an alternate airline.

Date of travel: October 2017
1  Thank gmarockyh
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.