“Awesome, deserves to be 5 star”
Review of Hainan Airlines

Reviewed February 1, 2021

I expected it was a full-propaganda flight where everything tells you about how good China is, well god was I wrong. There were a sky-chef and well-trained flight attendants that checks on everyone from time to time. You get warm nuts and a choice of your own drink, as always in Business Class. The catering though was even better than Emirates First Class in my opinion. The salmon I ate for the Western main course was the best I've ever tasted, and the Chinese one seems pretty well too. For deserts, I got Hagendaz ice cream, fresh fruits from countries all over the world, and freshly squeezed orange juice. When I went to the restroom and came back, my bed was made with a comfy pillow and blankets. The seat was in a 1-1-1 reverse herringbone configuration, so the seat has a good amount of space and legroom. Overall, I think it is definitely a 5-star airline, and people that visit China really should take Hainan Airlines to go there, it can be a really good start for a trip to China.

Date of travel: July 2020
    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (1,405)

Reviewed December 1, 2020

Great pre-flight waiting and boarding experience. Flight cabin crew members were friendly, courteous, and helpful. An elderly couple required assistance, and were well taken care of by the crew.

Date of travel: November 2020
31  Thank KodoDrummer
Reviewed December 1, 2020

Of all China Mainland airlines, Hainan has the best service, even in the economy class.

A330 was no more or less comfortable in economy than the competition, but had in-seat entertainment system, which helped pass a 3+hour flight. In flight service was pleasant, for some reason I was given an extra welcome by the attendants, even though I am only a silver member in their frequent flyer program. Anyway, a nice touch. Too bad the airline is not a member of any airline alliance to allow cross-cummulation of points.

I would fly again when I can.

Date of travel: November 2020
2  Thank 152maximb
Reviewed October 2, 2020

I love it. I choose whenever I can. The crew is kind and willing to help and the meals are good - both long and short flights.
The seats are the best I have ever tried so far: the seat itself is comfortable and there is a lot of legroom! The services are excellent both on and off board.

Date of travel: November 2019
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank Jbar994
Reviewed August 9, 2020

Mileage expires after 24 months of inactivity (in comparison to no expiration date set by Delta, United, Jetblue, etc.). Will never fly with Hainan Airlines again

Date of travel: August 2020
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.