“Nothing to credit”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Weak on-board service. Unfriendly cabin staff. Difficulty at online check-in. Nothing special to credit.

4  Thank João F
Write a ReviewReviews (9,123)

Reviewed 14 August 2017

On a 'trip of a lifetime' to the Galapagos with my 16 year old daughter we received an involuntary downgrade for one of us from Business to Premium Economy. The reason? Change of plane configuration. clearly known when the plane left Madrid. No attempt made to contact us. In Premium Economy the crew treated me with contempt (unlike their Business class travellers)

Attempts to re-route us were dismal. We spend 3 hours at check-in with my daughter in tears. Offered compensation. Virtually impossible to obtain as Iberia e-mail address bounces my e-mails. I would value Iberia's comments but any attempt to ask the call centre puts me through to staff whose command of English is awful, so why advertise that it's English or Spanish?

3  Thank SpikeF44
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Funny enough this is the only airline I have travelled on which did not load children and family first, seeing that we were a party of seven which included 3 children. We were late in taking off and seeing there were a lot of children on board not a good experience, as young children do tend to get bored very quickly, and as usual I ended up with a child behind using the table behind as a drum, do parents not consider other people. I had my 4 yr old granddaughter sitting with me and I stopped her and explained to her to NOT kick the seat in front, which she understood and abided by. As I say pity parents do not do this with there children. However, must admit cabin staff especially one male when I asked if my granddaughter could have some small milks (AS THEY DIDN'T provide milk) gave her 4 and a glass with some ice. She was more than satisfied.
However, if you take a pushchair BEWARE, mine which I keep for my grandchildren and had little use got quite badly damaged as it got stuck on the belt and no-one was interested AT Alicante Airport. We went to the baggage kiosk and they made a report out and gave us a print out, They had a spare pushchair which obviously was someones, but gave it to us, as we left mine there as it was unusable and given that it was about 8 pm.

1  Thank LINDA M
Reviewed 13 August 2017

I flew with Iberia to go on holiday to Spain. I'm not sure if it is up to the flight company or not but I think at check in possibly one more check in desk wouldn't be bad- When we went to check in the queue was absolutely huge and even though we had already checked in online the day before there was no baggage drop per se meaning we had to queue up with the others to give up our bag. The flight otherwise was pretty much like any other.The staff were in any case friendly and helpful. I would only say to tall people it may be worth taking up Iberia on their upgrade to the next class. This entitles you to a meal but more importantly,a seat with more legroom. I'm not tall (1m68cm) but even I found it pretty crushed up in the plane! Price wise the flight was ok and certainly in line with other companies.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

For short haul Iberia is fine but I find the seats terribly uncomfortable, limited leg room. For anyone over 1.87 the leg room is unbelievably tight. And the new planes have seats with hard backs, making knees pressed against plastic, even more uncomfortable.