“Very Punctual”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 9 December 2017

I am glad to say that the experience in Iberia was a pleasant one. The flight left a bit late however the pilots made that up in the air and arrived in Madrid 20 minutes ahead of schedule. I was traveling with our 2 yr old daughter and the crew was very receptive and cordial with us. The in flight entertainment was very good and a decent amount of choices for the little ones to keep her entertained. Food was decent for airplane food and service very efficient. Seat comfort could be improved but almost any airline now a days don't have many cushy seats in economy.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (8,736)

Reviewed 8 December 2017

I fly quite often within Europe and get into KLM, Easyjet, Ryanair, Air France and Iberia airplanes once or twice a month.
I can say fully convinced that nowadays low-cost airlines offer the exact same service than the classic big airlines. I would only make an exception with KLM as they still offer a great service, offer drinks and snacks and always employ very professional crew members.
Iberia, sadly, is trying to lower their costs but they are not doing it on the right way in my opinion. The extra money, that can be some times double the price of a low-cost airline, can't be felt in the service quality. Easyjet aircraft cabins have been refurbished and are the same level today. The crews are usually rude and feel "superior" to their low-cost colleagues.
Also low-cost have very fast turnaround times and that makes them push a lot to be on time, while Iberia or Air France have usually longer turnaround times and tend to leave late.
I'd also like to point out that customers of classic airlines are usually either snobby or uneducated people. I believe these people thinks that a low-cost airplane is not maintained or not taken care of, and might fall from the sky during flight. You can feel straight away that low-cost companies are attracting more open minded people and young people that make the boarding and un-boarding process a lot smoother, the flight quieter and more pleasant and don't complain so much as they know that they're paying for a low cost service. In classic airlines customers are arrogant, not used to fly and complain for everything, as they might be expecting a premium service that it's not longer offered by these companies.
Summarizing, you are paying more, but getting the same service, only most of the times with late arrivals.

1  Thank Manu C
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Many years ago I had a bad experience flying Iberia. This time - it was perfect. They departed on time and landed ahead of schedule. The entertainment system was wonderful, service was good. Very good experience.

1  Thank Neta_Avivi
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Just in brief: for many years flights with Iberia to Latin America were dreaded experiences, to be be avoided at all costs.

Not so anymore. This year I took Iberia 3 times when travelling to Brazil and everytime I came away perfectly happy. The new business class is the best which is offered for long haul flights to Latin America, service is impeccably friendly (not something which is exeperienced with some of their competitors), flights are always on time, food is great, the seat transforms into a very comfortable bed...

Happy to take them again next year - and to me a testimony of good things that happen when people adapt and enjoy what they do.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

We missed our flight because:
Iberia Express failed to issue our tickets properly despite taking money from our accounts. They advised us this would be solved at check-in but despite us being 1hr early it wasn't BECAUSE THEY DON'T EMPLOY ANY STAFF AT MANCHESTER AIRPORT and DID NOT ANSWER THE PHONE TO THEIR OWN CONTRACTORS (!) for 45 mins.

So me, my wife and our baby and 3 yr old were stuck in the airport for several hours trying to sort it out.

We were unable to find any solution and simply had to go back home because:
Iberia BLAMED US for them not issuing us with a ticket, falsely claimed that we were late to the check-in (how would they even know with no staff there) and a customer service manager hung up on me after laughing at my complaint.

We have received no compensation and no offer of alternative flights. So, good luck everyone.

1  Thank Philip T