“Very Bad experience”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed April 3, 2024

On December 4 2023, I booked a flight for March 2024, for my husband and I. It was from San Juan, PR to Lisbon returning from Santiago de Compostela on April 2. both legs with a lay over at Barajas. I bought the same tickets I usually buy, selecting the seats in the front row. For the first leg, San Juan to Lisbon, there was only one hour to change flights at Barajas. I called, not once but twice to Iberia expressing my concern with the short time to change flights. On both occasions I was assure that we will have time, because we didnt have to collect bags or pass immigration. (This last statement was wrong, we did have to pass immigration at Barajas.)

I was not able to make the on line check in and when I called Iberia to address this subject, I was told they were making a maintenance to the web page and to try later. I check with them that my seats were set but I was told I only had selected seats for the returning flight!
I tried several times to make on line check in and was unable to. We had to arrive very early to the airport to do the check in and get the seats selected by Iberia. The flight was overbooked! Thanks God we arrived early!
When we arrived at Barajas we did have to pass immigration, There was absolutely not enough time to make the connection, not even our bags were able to make it. We had to wait almost 8 hrs on the airport for the next plane to Lisbon.
For the returning flights we were not able ether to make the online checkin and it turns out we didnt have selected seats either!
Until recently, there use to be only three flights per week from San Juan, PR to Madrid with Iberia and everything ran smoothly, I never had any problem. Now they have more flights (I believe one daily) and I am under the impression that they are not prepare to handle the increased volume of passengers; the web page couldn't handle it: the booking was wrong and I didnt have access to manage my booking and make the online check in. The call center that manages passengers concerns was not knowledgable and the instructions given were not accurate, causing us to lose the connecting flight with a delay of almost eight hours for the next flight.

I really hope that Iberia can catch up and be able to deliver the service they used to bring to the passengers and address passengers satisfaction.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Resort57924683504

Reviewed April 3, 2024

The worst experience, trip with my husband from Madrid to London when he removed his bags my husband realized that he was broken from the suitcase and we thought, it was sure that they reviewed it for security measures, however we did not check all the suitcases because We had to take the National Express, when I got home I realized that my suitcase was also open and broke the closure and lock, my hand suitcase told me that they should bill it and it turns out that they stole us, I called Iberia to put the He claim and the answer was, he must have made the claim at the airport ..... the worst travel experience, that outrage that steals you, breaks your bags and nobody is responsible. If you travel with Iberia, check your suitcase before leaving the airport, they love to steal the bags and nobody is responsible.

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed April 3, 2024

We traveled from LA to Madrid, Lisbon, Barcelona, back to Madrid and home to Los Angeles. You would think Business class would garner special attention, but it did not. Once the purser in LA introduced themselves, nothing more was provided above and beyond during the course of all of our Iberia flights. Because there were so many legs to our trip, some small typos were made on the tickets. Iberia would not allow for any corrections. We had to buy new tickets between Portugal and Spain. The final insult came from the flight from Barcelona to Madrid. we arrived at the airport to find my ticket had been canceled (even though I had the hard copy print out). The flight was full and I had to scramble to book a partner flight at 5 times the cost to barely make my Madrid to LA connection. There was zero sympathy or help provided by the Iberia staff. Save yourself and avoid this airline, they are as bad as Ryan Air.

Date of travel: October 2023
Reviewed April 2, 2024

Iberia is NOT BUDGET FRIENDLY DO NOT BOOK ……We booked flights from Boston to Barcelona and back with Iberia and planned all our itineraries and hotel around the flights. Iberia changed our return flights 6 days before my travel about 10 hours earlier without our consent. Instead of my scheduled return flight at 18:30 I was rebooked at 09:00am with a layover in Madrid. As per my itinerary I was to board renfe train at 07:00am from Madrid to Barcelona to catch my flight . This change costed us an extra amount for train to Barcelona the previous day and accommodation in Barcelona and lost cost of accommodation in Madrid . On speaking with the customer service they wouldn’t change our flight to Boston directly from Madrid nor pay us for the inconvenience caused. I would suggest rather to sit at home and not travel to Spain than take a flight from IBERIA

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed April 1, 2024

CRAPPIEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. FIRST AND LAST TIME. THEY WILL LITERALLY END THE CALL WHEN YOU ASK FOR A MANAGER......

Date of travel: April 2024
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.