“Lost my bag”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed April 7, 2024

Picked up a flight in London to Madrid. As we missed our flight connection. Went to Iberia office for baggage confirmation instead of lying for an hour while they organized our bags. Upon arrival my son's bag was misplaced. Stood in line for another hour and a half to see if they could locate the bag. We could not locate our bag and told us they would work on locating the bag and send it to our location outside Madrid. I contacted the lost bag operator immediately after speaking with me Agent. I explained to him that my son is in Spain for 9 days for a soccer tournament and all his equipment is in the bag. He explained to me to buy whatever I needed and submit the receipt. I bought him a change of clothes, soccer cleats, shin pads underwear , toiletries and a jacket. The bag finally arrives 3 or 4 days later. I submitted all my receipts and after their review they reimburse me $52. I emailed them back explaining that I don't think it's a fair amount but they did not reply and to date haven't received payment. Even a higher portion not even 100% I would have been okay with. $52 basically covers for the trees and maybe a couple packs of underwear. I find this to be ridiculous today who can survive for 4 days playing soccer and practices everyday without a change of clothes or underwear. If you know anything about Spanish soccer if you don't have shin pad socks or sleeves they will not let you play which means we would have missed four days of soccer after paying $10,000 to have him at this tournament. Some people might say what he can borrow someone's shoes and gym pads but unfortunately my son's feet are quite large for his age he has adult size feet for a 12 year old Size 10 and 1/2 which means he had no shoes to share with anybody.

Thank Rentals Victori... V

Reviewed April 7, 2024

Terrible customer service. Hours on the phone on hold. Atrocious app and website. Unable to add baggage after you’ve done so once and also impossible after you’ve checked in online. Half of the call center folks cannot understand American English. The cheap prices are not worth it. They will ruin your trip. Pay extra for a real airline. Iberia/Level is a nightmare. Don’t be tempted.

Date of travel: April 2024
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed April 5, 2024

I never write reviews, but my experience with this company has made me do it.

I have decided to book my flight with Iberia as it was the most direct and thought the most convenient, I spent around 500 euros more for this benefit, however I did not enjoy it. First of all, I have paid for seat selection which NOWHERE during checkin was available.
On my return flight, I was refused boarding during my connection because i didnt make it in time to the flight, while i was refused on boarding, while check in was still open, i was told I missed it... insane!

Furthermore when i complaint and requested compensation (as per EU laws) I was told I am not entitled to any compensation in a lack of empathy and respect tone.

AVOID THIS COMPANY if you can!
Also during the flight they did not announce properly turbulences, terrible turbulences happened and the captain said nothing.... everyone was freaked out, a flight attendant fainted, disaster.

Reviewed April 3, 2024

On December 4 2023, I booked a flight for March 2024, for my husband and I. It was from San Juan, PR to Lisbon returning from Santiago de Compostela on April 2. both legs with a lay over at Barajas. I bought the same tickets I usually buy, selecting the seats in the front row. For the first leg, San Juan to Lisbon, there was only one hour to change flights at Barajas. I called, not once but twice to Iberia expressing my concern with the short time to change flights. On both occasions I was assure that we will have time, because we didnt have to collect bags or pass immigration. (This last statement was wrong, we did have to pass immigration at Barajas.)

I was not able to make the on line check in and when I called Iberia to address this subject, I was told they were making a maintenance to the web page and to try later. I check with them that my seats were set but I was told I only had selected seats for the returning flight!
I tried several times to make on line check in and was unable to. We had to arrive very early to the airport to do the check in and get the seats selected by Iberia. The flight was overbooked! Thanks God we arrived early!
When we arrived at Barajas we did have to pass immigration, There was absolutely not enough time to make the connection, not even our bags were able to make it. We had to wait almost 8 hrs on the airport for the next plane to Lisbon.
For the returning flights we were not able ether to make the online checkin and it turns out we didnt have selected seats either!
Until recently, there use to be only three flights per week from San Juan, PR to Madrid with Iberia and everything ran smoothly, I never had any problem. Now they have more flights (I believe one daily) and I am under the impression that they are not prepare to handle the increased volume of passengers; the web page couldn't handle it: the booking was wrong and I didnt have access to manage my booking and make the online check in. The call center that manages passengers concerns was not knowledgable and the instructions given were not accurate, causing us to lose the connecting flight with a delay of almost eight hours for the next flight.

I really hope that Iberia can catch up and be able to deliver the service they used to bring to the passengers and address passengers satisfaction.

• In-flight Entertainment
1  Thank Resort57924683504
Reviewed April 3, 2024

The worst experience, trip with my husband from Madrid to London when he removed his bags my husband realized that he was broken from the suitcase and we thought, it was sure that they reviewed it for security measures, however we did not check all the suitcases because We had to take the National Express, when I got home I realized that my suitcase was also open and broke the closure and lock, my hand suitcase told me that they should bill it and it turns out that they stole us, I called Iberia to put the He claim and the answer was, he must have made the claim at the airport ..... the worst travel experience, that outrage that steals you, breaks your bags and nobody is responsible. If you travel with Iberia, check your suitcase before leaving the airport, they love to steal the bags and nobody is responsible.

Date of travel: April 2024
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.