“Very poor in customer excitement”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed April 8, 2024

Change of my payed Seat without a refund . The guy at the gate was not friendly when I ask about
Checked in Hand Luggage .
Very old airplane .

Date of travel: April 2024

Reviewed April 8, 2024

We booked flights in October for a honeymoon in April. Over that period of time our flights were changed 10+ times and canceled completely twice. After they were canceled the first time, the agent rebooked us for the same flight saying there was a mistake in the system. After they were canceled the second time, the agent rebooked and sent a confirmation number for Iberia that in their online system was connected to the wrong American Airlines flight. They deleted our seat choices and checked baggage upgrades without refunding us, and when we tried to choose our new seats they had a charge of $200+ to sit together because the new flight had no seats together. We sat on the phone for in total probably 15+ hours over weeks trying to fix these issues every time they canceled the new flights. We were not allowed the talk to a manager without jumping through a million hoops even though in 1 day we had to call 5 times, and only the manager could actually fix anything. We’re now a week away from our flight and they still have not fixed the issue with American Airlines so we might not have meals or seats together on our freaking honeymoon. We might not even have a flight given the online portal links to the incorrect flights on American. This is hands down THE WORST experience I have ever had with an airline. And for our HONEYMOON. I will NEVER, all caps bolder letters, NEVER fly Iberia EVER AGAIN. And if anyone out there wants to take them to court class action for canceling our flights and our upgrades and then recharging for upgrades that THEY CANCELLED I will happily stand witness with documentation and hopefully get compensated for the upgrades I had to pay for twice and the insane amount of time spent fixing things they broke in the first place.

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed April 8, 2024

Worst airline ever, missed connection due to a 2.5hour delay while they recalibrated the weight of the plane. Madrid customer service was awful, case then went missing for a week. Got a standard complaint response that alluded to weather being the issue which was not the case and no response to the service issue and case missing.

Late flight
Missed connections
Lost case
Unhelpful staff
Promised compensation not paid
Will never travel with them again

1  Thank Expedition398732
Reviewed April 7, 2024

Picked up a flight in London to Madrid. As we missed our flight connection. Went to Iberia office for baggage confirmation instead of lying for an hour while they organized our bags. Upon arrival my son's bag was misplaced. Stood in line for another hour and a half to see if they could locate the bag. We could not locate our bag and told us they would work on locating the bag and send it to our location outside Madrid. I contacted the lost bag operator immediately after speaking with me Agent. I explained to him that my son is in Spain for 9 days for a soccer tournament and all his equipment is in the bag. He explained to me to buy whatever I needed and submit the receipt. I bought him a change of clothes, soccer cleats, shin pads underwear , toiletries and a jacket. The bag finally arrives 3 or 4 days later. I submitted all my receipts and after their review they reimburse me $52. I emailed them back explaining that I don't think it's a fair amount but they did not reply and to date haven't received payment. Even a higher portion not even 100% I would have been okay with. $52 basically covers for the trees and maybe a couple packs of underwear. I find this to be ridiculous today who can survive for 4 days playing soccer and practices everyday without a change of clothes or underwear. If you know anything about Spanish soccer if you don't have shin pad socks or sleeves they will not let you play which means we would have missed four days of soccer after paying $10,000 to have him at this tournament. Some people might say what he can borrow someone's shoes and gym pads but unfortunately my son's feet are quite large for his age he has adult size feet for a 12 year old Size 10 and 1/2 which means he had no shoes to share with anybody.

Thank Rentals Victori... V
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.