“A company to avoid at all costs”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed April 11, 2024

Not unexpectedly an appalling customer service; a better description is that there is none whatsoever. They cancelled my flight at the last minute and booked me for another day and departure airport. Didn't work for me so I am asking for a refund. Absolutely impossible to get any interaction with the company. The phones don't seem to work , the online complaints form always return a server error, and the bot every time I type "refund" goes into agent connection error. An absolute joke of a company that laugh at their customers

• Customer service
1  Thank Victor_rio2014

Reviewed April 9, 2024

My flight from Miami to Madrid had more than 1 hour delay , the food service was poor,and the quality too… orrible no choice cause other items were all gone .. if you like to have a drink you need to pay .. only beer or wine available.. I’m so sad that American Airlines chose this as partner from Miami.. for me was the last time 08/ APR .. arrived in Madrid the next flight I have with Iberia partners have 1 hour delay.. avoid this company.. bad service poor quality..

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed April 9, 2024

This is our second time flying Iberia business class and each time Iberia has reassigned us to worse seats than the ones we originally booked. Guess we have to have a Spanish surname to keep our original booked seats. Probably our last time choosing Iberia.

Reviewed April 9, 2024

We travelled from Madrid to Guayaquil in Ecuador on a 12 hour flight by Spains national carrier Iberia. We booked and paid extra for our seats which we did`nt get and the plane layout to facilitate seat booking was completely different to the plane we were on. We complained and just got sarcastic replies such as "you should have flown with another airline"!! Talk about cattle class or sardines in a tin!! We have never been on such an uncomfortable flight or as tightly packed as this plane was!!
We were unable to drop our tray tables down for our food due to the tiny space between us and the seats in front. When our main meal came we told the steward of this problem he just took our food away and said "Have a nice day"!!
We went twelve hours without anything to eat, although the people around us said that the food was not fit to eat any way!!
When we booked this flight all our friends said to us that we had made a mistake because we had booked with "Spanish Ryanair"!! We thought they were wrong in this statement as its an insult to Ryanair, for a national carrier it is utterly disgusting.
We are ashamed of ourselves for booking with them!!
Pelase read all feed back and reviews, we could not find ANY good ones!!

Date of travel: March 2024
2  Thank Expedition398732
Reviewed April 9, 2024

I should have read the reviews before booking my flight . I have traveled a lot and have never had such a horrible experience in my life . We had a beautiful trip planned starting in Barcelona and ending in Madrid
We were scheduled to leave Sunday 4/8 on an over night nonstop flight . Iberia canceled our flight at 2:00pm that day . We received an alternative flight 2 hours later which involved leaving at 5:30 am on 4/9 to catch a 7:00 flight to Philadelphia then a 10 hour layover in Philly before catching a flight at around 6:00 pm to Barcelona . It became a 19 hour trip . Also we would not have been able to sit together .
We would lose a day and half including couple museums we had booked and hotel reservation for the first night …We tried for hours to reroute the trip. The idea of making a 7 hour trip into a 19 hour; not to mention they might have been delayed , was not feasible for us..
The end result is we canceled the whole trip
We lost a couple hundred dollars on train tickets , hotel rooms, excursions etc..
PLEASE DO NOT fly Iberia . It’s worth going direct verse nonstop with another airline …..

1  Thank kathleen T
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.