“Change of seats.”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed May 3, 2024

Paid for seat with extra room but a regular seat was assigned to me and my wife. I sent a claim via Email but the only answer I got was : “ we sorry for the inconvenience “.

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank Diego P

Reviewed May 1, 2024

The check in desk for Iberia at BCN was decent. The staff there was doing just as much chatting with each other as they were work, but we were 2nd in line, so we still got through relatively quickly. The booking and baggage seemed to go well also, so we have no complaints. We would use them again based on this journey and experience.

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed May 1, 2024

They sell you on the basis that you are allowed to take your small roll-on suitcase and a small bag in the cabin, but at the plane they forbid this, and force you to hand over your suitcase.
The staff were unwilling to listen to reason (I had a short time transfer at Madrid). Epic fail = breach of contractual terms but I’m sure it was something in the smallprint!
Dud not even get free WATER on the plane.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Jp F
Reviewed May 1, 2024

Iberia made changes to our flights w/o notice. Awful situation.

SEP 30, 2023, purchased 2 Iberia tickets SFO>BAR direct, MAD>SFO direct.
MAR 18, 2024, IB emailed, changed us to SFO>MAD>BAR, we accepted.
APR 8, day before we left, I did e-check in and found out our flight was canceled w/o any notice. Phoned in and got a different flight, same day.
APR 9, checked in at SFO, confirmed our return flight APR 23.
APR 23, went to MAD airport, was told our return flight was canceled, again w/o notice. Had to make many calls to find another flight, MAD>DFW>SFO. Was told they needed 1.5 hours to issue tickets. How ridiculous! The plane would have left. I kept bugging them, got the tickets in 15 minutes.

Regulation EU261 requires them to compensate us for the delay. I have filed, but don't knows how much they will give. The phone bill could be high, will file with insurance.

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank louiskchanSF19
Reviewed April 30, 2024

Worst customer experience ever. They lost my bag on day 1 of a 17 day international trip. They never recovered it, and exerted little effort despite daily calls from me. And then contested my reimbursement claim, telling me the receipts didn't meet their criteria (which they never provided while I was traveling, despite repeated requests from me). Their initial offer was only $95 (out of $1700). It took 6 weeks to get an unsatisfactory result. They put a lot more effort into denying my claim than they did into finding my bag.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Jim H
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.