“Oneworld Sapphire status confers no extra checked bag benefit with Iberia”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed May 6, 2024

My wife and I recently flew from JFK to Madrid on Iberia. We had two cabin bags and two checked suitcases. None of the bags exceeded weight or size restrictions. We were told we could check the cabin bags for no charge. We were then told that I would have to pay for my one suitcase due to an error in their system that they couldn't correct at the airport. I was told I would have to call Iberia and request a refund. My multiple calls to Iberia eventually led me to where I could make an online refund claim. That claim was denied with no explanation except to indicate the charge was correct. The ticket we purchased was economy class, which normally entitles you to one checked bag on international flights. Additionally, my wife had oneworld sapphire status, which should entitled her to two checked bags. Iberia has not responded to my request to review the matter further in over a week. Also, Iberia lost my wife's cabin bag for a few days and has yet to reimburse us for $40 of replacement clothes.

Date of travel: April 2024
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank b t

Reviewed May 6, 2024

Hi iberia team, i was glad to connect with you, i have so many things to say.
I been in your flight from Miami to madrid, fly3980 in 1 an may.
It’s was my worst experience that I’ve experienced.
Its was dellay in this flight, 5 hours in this flight and we get nothing, not even a glass of water.
I hope you understand my reading comprehension from my experience I’ve experienced on your flight.
I glad, thanks to you for understanding.

1  Thank שירה כ
Reviewed May 4, 2024

WORST airline ever! Their customer service is hardly reachable, I am unable to check if my flights includes luggage because the e-ticket doesn't contain any details.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Georgi P
Reviewed May 4, 2024

The flight was ok, but customer service is zero! I booked a flight for 1470 USD approx both ways and requested to change my flight back from May 15 to May 16. They wanted to charge 150 Euros changing fee (that's normal) and 550 Euros for the change of category (that's ridiculous). The price for a new one way tickets starts at 368 Euros. If you travel low season, just buy one way last minute with the most convenient airline and you will save money!!!!

1  Thank Nicole G
Reviewed May 3, 2024

Paid for seat with extra room but a regular seat was assigned to me and my wife. I sent a claim via Email but the only answer I got was : “ we sorry for the inconvenience “.

1  Thank Diego P
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.