“Never fly Iberia”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed May 6, 2024

This experience was truly a nightmare, I constantly fly between Miami and Madrid through many different airlines however, never have I been so displeased with service and process of my travels. From the moment I had to check in my bag representatives were extremely short and cold answering simple questions like, “what is my seat number” when boarding began it became a real nightmare. From a crowd of people becoming extremely hostile due to prior paid accommodations being changed, which should be unacceptable to being stuck on our plane 3 hours without being told what is happening. The flight attendants don’t seem like they want to work, even telling angered customers it’s not their problem. Not only do I suffer from anxiety and time my flight times very precisely, I understand delays and what that can look like but leaving over 400 passengers without any clue for over 3 hours is unacceptable. Elderly people, people with fast connections like myself, ill people, it’s truly incredible that I have to be writing this review considering pricing for the flight I’m currently on. Please think twice before ever flying with this airline your money is better spent elsewhere. Take it from someone that has experienced great airlines compared to this excuse of an airline that only hires mediocre personnel. Hopefully enough reviews like mine will change their ways.

1  Thank Alyssa Q

Reviewed May 6, 2024

My wife and I recently flew from JFK to Madrid on Iberia. We had two cabin bags and two checked suitcases. None of the bags exceeded weight or size restrictions. We were told we could check the cabin bags for no charge. We were then told that I would have to pay for my one suitcase due to an error in their system that they couldn't correct at the airport. I was told I would have to call Iberia and request a refund. My multiple calls to Iberia eventually led me to where I could make an online refund claim. That claim was denied with no explanation except to indicate the charge was correct. The ticket we purchased was economy class, which normally entitles you to one checked bag on international flights. Additionally, my wife had oneworld sapphire status, which should entitled her to two checked bags. Iberia has not responded to my request to review the matter further in over a week. Also, Iberia lost my wife's cabin bag for a few days and has yet to reimburse us for $40 of replacement clothes.

Date of travel: April 2024
2  Thank b t
Reviewed May 6, 2024

Hi iberia team, i was glad to connect with you, i have so many things to say.
I been in your flight from Miami to madrid, fly3980 in 1 an may.
It’s was my worst experience that I’ve experienced.
Its was dellay in this flight, 5 hours in this flight and we get nothing, not even a glass of water.
I hope you understand my reading comprehension from my experience I’ve experienced on your flight.
I glad, thanks to you for understanding.

1  Thank שירה כ
Reviewed May 4, 2024

WORST airline ever! Their customer service is hardly reachable, I am unable to check if my flights includes luggage because the e-ticket doesn't contain any details.

1  Thank Georgi P
Reviewed May 4, 2024

The flight was ok, but customer service is zero! I booked a flight for 1470 USD approx both ways and requested to change my flight back from May 15 to May 16. They wanted to charge 150 Euros changing fee (that's normal) and 550 Euros for the change of category (that's ridiculous). The price for a new one way tickets starts at 368 Euros. If you travel low season, just buy one way last minute with the most convenient airline and you will save money!!!!

1  Thank Nicole G
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.