“Brainless cabin crew”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed May 13, 2024

I filed a complained in their website, but was a bit tricky to find the right path so not sure it will go through. The complaint was regarding the treatment I received from the cabin crew on flight IB3729 on April 3rd, 2024.
My seat was 9C, I had been sick prior to the flight (not really relevant but so you understand how ridiculous the woman behaved), and had fallen asleep for a while. When I woke up I was in REAL need of the bathroom, since I was in 9C I went to the front one. The door was open, meaning that nobody was using it, am approaching it and this cabin crew person stood in front of me telling me that the bathroom is only for business class. I told her that I had never heard such a thing in this small plane (I've been travelling for 33 years...), besides no one was using it so why can't I?
She just stood there saying I need to go all the way back to the economy class bathrooms, I was in shock, I was right there in front of COMPLETELY EMPTY BATHROOM, the door was even half open she could see no one was there! And told her I had jus woken up, had been sick, please let me use the bathroom, it's urgent. I used the word urgent and she just stood there, being completely rude.
I've gone through ALL Iberia's website, read "our seats", "terms and conditions of economy fare", all the "Iberia Experience" tab and IT IS NOT STATED ANYWHERE THAT THE FRONT BATHROOM IS ONLY MEANT TO BE USED BY ECONOMY CLASS IN SHORT FLIGHTS.
I almost do on my pants in front of her, honestly my use of the bathroom would've taken less time than the whole conversation I had with her. Am at awe to believe that Iberia trains their cabin crew to be such brainless people.

2  Thank Alejandra C

Reviewed May 12, 2024

This is the worst experience. Just when I traveled to the gate. They told me that I was selected for “random inspection”. I asked the crew members what is “random inspection”, they could not tell me what is the reason. Then I was waiting for a very long time and the person who were supposed to provide the inspection did not seem to know why I was there for. Once after the long wait, they asked me if I had liquid in my backpack. Of course I purchased water bottle inside after the security check. Then the inspector just open my bag and superficially peeked inside. I was the only non white person for this flight. Very awful experience. Will not take this airline or affiliated airline ever.

Date of travel: May 2024
2  Thank Claire H
Reviewed May 11, 2024

Believe ALL the reviews. I have been flying for 65 years and this is by FAR the WORST airline I've ever flown! They accepted a transfer from American that should have never been accepted. They really think they can get a luggage transfer with only 35 minutes? Our luggage was misplaced for the first 5 days of our vacation. Totally ruined our trip. Wife a massive stress case. Spent multiple calls with them on the phone every day until they finally figured out how to get us our luggage. We also lost a connecting flight while dealing with their customer service in the Madrid airport so had to re purchase that flight. Now to the flight itself. HORRIBLE plane. The crew were rude and disrespectful. They made it a habit of intentionally smacking my elbow every time they brought the cart by. You could even see them smirking about it. The bathrooms and plane in general were FILTHY. The plane looked like it had not been maintained. If there are any other ways for you to get to Spain, I would use someone else. I personally would swim the ocean to get back to Spain before I EVER boarded one of their aircraft every again!

2  Thank Bachinphx
Reviewed May 10, 2024

Never use Iberia, NEVER!
We had to move our departure from the 12th to the 14th.
We made 4 phone calls and got 4 different results.
We were offered a higher rate for the change than the going rate Iberia offered on line.
Plus it took us a total of 3 hours all together.
Iberia has a very POOR SERVICE

Date of travel: May 2024
4  Thank 865asemz
Reviewed May 10, 2024

I left DFW and my suitcase apparently didn’t get tagged and stayed in DALLAS. now, 30 days later and two full weeks after my ruined vacation, I still don’t have my suitcase. Not only have I reached out to Iberia daily, but they give me the same story (we are waiting to hear from the airport) huh?? I have asked for reimbursement for my luggage and expenses and have received no reply. I will never fly this airline again, especially if I don’t get a refund for my stress and effort. I even had AirTags on the suitcase and nobody would listen to me when I said the bag is still at DFW. INFURIATING

3  Thank Senortod
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.