“Horrible, genuinely horrible.”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed May 14, 2024

Check in staff didn’t arrive until an hour and a half before boarding, systems were down so we couldn’t get the tickets online. Tried to call multiple people all were rude and not helpful and would lie to us about them trying to help. Plane was gross.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Benny L

Reviewed May 14, 2024

I've bought the most expensive option of Economy because I needed a Flexible ticket. Now when I am trying to change the date of the flight, it's 2500 EUR, and I already paid 1500 for the ticket. I can buy a new ticket with Turkish for 1300. I always buy flexible tickets and I always paid max 100 EUR for a change with other companies, even if I changed it 48 hours before. This is ridiculous.

1  Thank Silvia K
Reviewed May 14, 2024

Iberia gets a zero from me on customer service! I bought a LEVEL roundtrip ticket from NYC to Barcelona and had to pay for my seats, which I did. Then I had to change the date of one the flights and my seats were canceled and turned into an Iberia voucher. I didn't think it was a big deal--I could just use the voucher for the seats in new flight and I tried to book it. Well, it turns out I can't use the voucher for my LEVEL flight now which is ridiculous - since I bought seats for a LEVEL flight. In the end, whatever savings I thought I had were gone thanks to this insane voucher condition. This is the last time I fly LEVEL or IBERIA, their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. I recommend everyone avoid taking LEVEL and IBERIA!

Date of travel: July 2023
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank 546mariaeugeniah
Reviewed May 13, 2024

I filed a complained in their website, but was a bit tricky to find the right path so not sure it will go through. The complaint was regarding the treatment I received from the cabin crew on flight IB3729 on April 3rd, 2024.
My seat was 9C, I had been sick prior to the flight (not really relevant but so you understand how ridiculous the woman behaved), and had fallen asleep for a while. When I woke up I was in REAL need of the bathroom, since I was in 9C I went to the front one. The door was open, meaning that nobody was using it, am approaching it and this cabin crew person stood in front of me telling me that the bathroom is only for business class. I told her that I had never heard such a thing in this small plane (I've been travelling for 33 years...), besides no one was using it so why can't I?
She just stood there saying I need to go all the way back to the economy class bathrooms, I was in shock, I was right there in front of COMPLETELY EMPTY BATHROOM, the door was even half open she could see no one was there! And told her I had jus woken up, had been sick, please let me use the bathroom, it's urgent. I used the word urgent and she just stood there, being completely rude.
I've gone through ALL Iberia's website, read "our seats", "terms and conditions of economy fare", all the "Iberia Experience" tab and IT IS NOT STATED ANYWHERE THAT THE FRONT BATHROOM IS ONLY MEANT TO BE USED BY ECONOMY CLASS IN SHORT FLIGHTS.
I almost do on my pants in front of her, honestly my use of the bathroom would've taken less time than the whole conversation I had with her. Am at awe to believe that Iberia trains their cabin crew to be such brainless people.

Date of travel: April 2024
2  Thank Alejandra C
Reviewed May 12, 2024

This is the worst experience. Just when I traveled to the gate. They told me that I was selected for “random inspection”. I asked the crew members what is “random inspection”, they could not tell me what is the reason. Then I was waiting for a very long time and the person who were supposed to provide the inspection did not seem to know why I was there for. Once after the long wait, they asked me if I had liquid in my backpack. Of course I purchased water bottle inside after the security check. Then the inspector just open my bag and superficially peeked inside. I was the only non white person for this flight. Very awful experience. Will not take this airline or affiliated airline ever.

2  Thank Claire H
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.