“Worst airline ever. Worse than spirit, which is saying a lot.”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Worst experience I have ever had with an airline. Showed up 2 hours before scheduled departure with no checked bags. We were redirected 4 times to different help counters because our flight ended up being through a different airline, but booked through Iberia. We were not given an airline name, just that we would be able to check in and collect boarding passes at the normal Iberia check in desk. Absolutely no one knew what was going on or where to send us, and 30 minutes before our flights departure time we were told that we wouldn’t make the flight and weren’t given a boarding pass. Had to go to the help counter and were treated like absolute trash, I’ve never been so condescendingly addressed in my life. We were told the only thing we could do was call a different help desk, who again spoke to us as if we were 3 years old. At the end of the day ended up having to pay an extra 700 euros between the two of us for a one way flight. I will never be using this airline again. From start to finish was an absolute nightmare. No legitimate company would allow their employees to treat paying customers this way.

1  Thank Morgan B

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Check in staff didn’t arrive until an hour and a half before boarding, systems were down so we couldn’t get the tickets online. Tried to call multiple people all were rude and not helpful and would lie to us about them trying to help. Plane was gross.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Benny L
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I've bought the most expensive option of Economy because I needed a Flexible ticket. Now when I am trying to change the date of the flight, it's 2500 EUR, and I already paid 1500 for the ticket. I can buy a new ticket with Turkish for 1300. I always buy flexible tickets and I always paid max 100 EUR for a change with other companies, even if I changed it 48 hours before. This is ridiculous.

1  Thank Silvia K
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Iberia gets a zero from me on customer service! I bought a LEVEL roundtrip ticket from NYC to Barcelona and had to pay for my seats, which I did. Then I had to change the date of one the flights and my seats were canceled and turned into an Iberia voucher. I didn't think it was a big deal--I could just use the voucher for the seats in new flight and I tried to book it. Well, it turns out I can't use the voucher for my LEVEL flight now which is ridiculous - since I bought seats for a LEVEL flight. In the end, whatever savings I thought I had were gone thanks to this insane voucher condition. This is the last time I fly LEVEL or IBERIA, their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. I recommend everyone avoid taking LEVEL and IBERIA!

Date of travel: July 2023
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank 546mariaeugeniah
Reviewed May 13, 2024

I filed a complained in their website, but was a bit tricky to find the right path so not sure it will go through. The complaint was regarding the treatment I received from the cabin crew on flight IB3729 on April 3rd, 2024.
My seat was 9C, I had been sick prior to the flight (not really relevant but so you understand how ridiculous the woman behaved), and had fallen asleep for a while. When I woke up I was in REAL need of the bathroom, since I was in 9C I went to the front one. The door was open, meaning that nobody was using it, am approaching it and this cabin crew person stood in front of me telling me that the bathroom is only for business class. I told her that I had never heard such a thing in this small plane (I've been travelling for 33 years...), besides no one was using it so why can't I?
She just stood there saying I need to go all the way back to the economy class bathrooms, I was in shock, I was right there in front of COMPLETELY EMPTY BATHROOM, the door was even half open she could see no one was there! And told her I had jus woken up, had been sick, please let me use the bathroom, it's urgent. I used the word urgent and she just stood there, being completely rude.
I've gone through ALL Iberia's website, read "our seats", "terms and conditions of economy fare", all the "Iberia Experience" tab and IT IS NOT STATED ANYWHERE THAT THE FRONT BATHROOM IS ONLY MEANT TO BE USED BY ECONOMY CLASS IN SHORT FLIGHTS.
I almost do on my pants in front of her, honestly my use of the bathroom would've taken less time than the whole conversation I had with her. Am at awe to believe that Iberia trains their cabin crew to be such brainless people.

Date of travel: April 2024
2  Thank Alejandra C
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.