“The worst customer service you can possibly imagine”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed May 17, 2024

I have been flying back and forth from New York to Malaga for 5 years and over a hundred flights with all different airlines that fly to Malaga, Spain. I live in Malaga Spain with my 11-year-old twins and I have not seen them for 2 weeks. The service and the treatment by Iberian has been so bad with their mistakes and their faulty app I must tell you how awful they are. Yesterday afternoon I called to get my seats because it wouldn't work on the app. Iberian said my flight did not exist and I told them I purchased it over a month ago and it's right on their app. After 3 hours on the phone they told me they wanted $5,350.00 more for the flight. Iberian is nothing but petty thieves and crooks. And they really don't care about correcting their own mistakes. I will not be able to see my twins now for another 2 weeks. Iberian airlines is a ruthless & hurtful company. I have heard many other stories from other families that they have hurt. FAA passenger treatment guidelines are a joke to Iberian airlines.

1  Thank kyacht

Reviewed May 17, 2024

Worst experience I have ever had with an airline. Showed up 2 hours before scheduled departure with no checked bags. We were redirected 4 times to different help counters because our flight ended up being through a different airline, but booked through Iberia. We were not given an airline name, just that we would be able to check in and collect boarding passes at the normal Iberia check in desk. Absolutely no one knew what was going on or where to send us, and 30 minutes before our flights departure time we were told that we wouldn’t make the flight and weren’t given a boarding pass. Had to go to the help counter and were treated like absolute trash, I’ve never been so condescendingly addressed in my life. We were told the only thing we could do was call a different help desk, who again spoke to us as if we were 3 years old. At the end of the day ended up having to pay an extra 700 euros between the two of us for a one way flight. I will never be using this airline again. From start to finish was an absolute nightmare. No legitimate company would allow their employees to treat paying customers this way.

1  Thank Morgan B
Reviewed May 14, 2024

Check in staff didn’t arrive until an hour and a half before boarding, systems were down so we couldn’t get the tickets online. Tried to call multiple people all were rude and not helpful and would lie to us about them trying to help. Plane was gross.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Benny L
Reviewed May 14, 2024

I've bought the most expensive option of Economy because I needed a Flexible ticket. Now when I am trying to change the date of the flight, it's 2500 EUR, and I already paid 1500 for the ticket. I can buy a new ticket with Turkish for 1300. I always buy flexible tickets and I always paid max 100 EUR for a change with other companies, even if I changed it 48 hours before. This is ridiculous.

1  Thank Silvia K
Reviewed May 14, 2024

Iberia gets a zero from me on customer service! I bought a LEVEL roundtrip ticket from NYC to Barcelona and had to pay for my seats, which I did. Then I had to change the date of one the flights and my seats were canceled and turned into an Iberia voucher. I didn't think it was a big deal--I could just use the voucher for the seats in new flight and I tried to book it. Well, it turns out I can't use the voucher for my LEVEL flight now which is ridiculous - since I bought seats for a LEVEL flight. In the end, whatever savings I thought I had were gone thanks to this insane voucher condition. This is the last time I fly LEVEL or IBERIA, their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. I recommend everyone avoid taking LEVEL and IBERIA!

Date of travel: July 2023
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank 546mariaeugeniah
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.