“*** AVOID *** APPALLING *** AVOID”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

For a national carrier the experience has been awful. Pre-booked extra legroom emergency exit seats 2months in advance of flight (11A & 11C) but on check in 24hrs ahead of flight was allocated random seats at the back of the plane (33J & K). Website chat and phone call to customer services unable to resolve and I quote “sorry this happens quite a lot”.

Exactly the same thing also happened to another couple on the same flight. They had paid for seats next to their friends and were bounced into row 25.

Quite happy taking an extra payments but not providing what was paid for. Shocking. Just wish I’d read all the negative tripadvisor reviews before booking with Iberia for a short city break.

Never have I had such a poor airline experience in 40 years of regular flying.
Ryanair get a bad press but Iberia are worse.

1  Thank AndyG6

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

TERRIBLE !! I came back from the flight and my suitcase was left battered and damaged with marks all over it. 😤 DO NOT FLY HERE UNLESS U WANT TO HAVE A RUINED SUITCASE

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Jason S
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I have been flying back and forth from New York to Malaga for 5 years and over a hundred flights with all different airlines that fly to Malaga, Spain. I live in Malaga Spain with my 11-year-old twins and I have not seen them for 2 weeks. The service and the treatment by Iberian has been so bad with their mistakes and their faulty app I must tell you how awful they are. Yesterday afternoon I called to get my seats because it wouldn't work on the app. Iberian said my flight did not exist and I told them I purchased it over a month ago and it's right on their app. After 3 hours on the phone they told me they wanted $5,350.00 more for the flight. Iberian is nothing but petty thieves and crooks. And they really don't care about correcting their own mistakes. I will not be able to see my twins now for another 2 weeks. Iberian airlines is a ruthless & hurtful company. I have heard many other stories from other families that they have hurt. FAA passenger treatment guidelines are a joke to Iberian airlines.

1  Thank kyacht
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Worst experience I have ever had with an airline. Showed up 2 hours before scheduled departure with no checked bags. We were redirected 4 times to different help counters because our flight ended up being through a different airline, but booked through Iberia. We were not given an airline name, just that we would be able to check in and collect boarding passes at the normal Iberia check in desk. Absolutely no one knew what was going on or where to send us, and 30 minutes before our flights departure time we were told that we wouldn’t make the flight and weren’t given a boarding pass. Had to go to the help counter and were treated like absolute trash, I’ve never been so condescendingly addressed in my life. We were told the only thing we could do was call a different help desk, who again spoke to us as if we were 3 years old. At the end of the day ended up having to pay an extra 700 euros between the two of us for a one way flight. I will never be using this airline again. From start to finish was an absolute nightmare. No legitimate company would allow their employees to treat paying customers this way.

1  Thank Morgan B
Reviewed May 14, 2024

Check in staff didn’t arrive until an hour and a half before boarding, systems were down so we couldn’t get the tickets online. Tried to call multiple people all were rude and not helpful and would lie to us about them trying to help. Plane was gross.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Benny L
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.