“Worst Airline customer service especially when you get your luggage damaged”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Worst Airline to Travel with. Lost luggage and delivered after 2 days but all damaged.Claimed damaged luggage since I am in limbo. Imagine how much you have to go through due to poor airline service and poor communication. I will strongly suggest avoiding this airline at all costs.

Date of travel: April 2024

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Iberia lost not one but all of our luggage. Their planes are old and flight attendants rush y and not friendly. They did nothing to try and get our luggage and I had to call them daily. One customer service rep said she would have our luggage delivered to our hotel, which was 4 hours from Madrid. I didn’t believe her, and it was never delivered. We submitted expenses when we returned to the states and a month later they keep sending us the same form email asking for wiring account numbers. I provided everything requested, but no payment. We call and they said yes we see your email. We get the same email request the next day. I would never fly this airline again. They are a mess.

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For a national carrier the experience has been awful. Pre-booked extra legroom emergency exit seats 2months in advance of flight (11A & 11C) but on check in 24hrs ahead of flight was allocated random seats at the back of the plane (33J & K). Website chat and phone call to customer services unable to resolve and I quote “sorry this happens quite a lot”.

Exactly the same thing also happened to another couple on the same flight. They had paid for seats next to their friends and were bounced into row 25.

Quite happy taking an extra payments but not providing what was paid for. Shocking. Just wish I’d read all the negative tripadvisor reviews before booking with Iberia for a short city break.

Never have I had such a poor airline experience in 40 years of regular flying.
Ryanair get a bad press but Iberia are worse.

1  Thank AndyG6
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

TERRIBLE !! I came back from the flight and my suitcase was left battered and damaged with marks all over it. 😤 DO NOT FLY HERE UNLESS U WANT TO HAVE A RUINED SUITCASE

1  Thank Jason S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been flying back and forth from New York to Malaga for 5 years and over a hundred flights with all different airlines that fly to Malaga, Spain. I live in Malaga Spain with my 11-year-old twins and I have not seen them for 2 weeks. The service and the treatment by Iberian has been so bad with their mistakes and their faulty app I must tell you how awful they are. Yesterday afternoon I called to get my seats because it wouldn't work on the app. Iberian said my flight did not exist and I told them I purchased it over a month ago and it's right on their app. After 3 hours on the phone they told me they wanted $5,350.00 more for the flight. Iberian is nothing but petty thieves and crooks. And they really don't care about correcting their own mistakes. I will not be able to see my twins now for another 2 weeks. Iberian airlines is a ruthless & hurtful company. I have heard many other stories from other families that they have hurt. FAA passenger treatment guidelines are a joke to Iberian airlines.

1  Thank kyacht
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.