“Inhumane torture”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed May 23, 2024

It was an outrageous experience. The fact that their long-haul seat plan would be terrible, even if it was an hour-long domestic flight, beats all my previous lousy flight experiences.

See, I am not a tall person, neither am I "big". Yet my 6 feet and 172lbs were enough not to be able to sit in a position where my knees or other body parts would not touch some of the 70s-style hard plastics the whole plane interior was equipped with.

The staff's behavior was rather discourteous, and their service was practically non-existent (apart from serving the 'dinner' and 'breakfast', the staff was nowhere to be seen). The food was nothing short of revolting (yes, I understand that portions are smaller these days and hunger is common during long hauls, but despite that, I couldn't bring myself to finish either the 'pasta' that resembled a failed dumpster-diving session more than food, or the margarine-cucumber morning sandwich). The toilets got dirty, with pieces of toilet paper everywhere after the first hour, but no one cared to bring them back to an acceptable state.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding

Reviewed May 23, 2024

Worst Airline ever when it comes to luggage! They left our luggage in Madrid, a group of 12 people, then we had to track it down once it arrived in Dallas 2 days later. One of the suitcases smashed! No delivery of late luggage.

Reviewed May 22, 2024

The crew was just incredible! Took care of everyone with patience and a welcoming smile.
The food was very good and the timing was excellent! They even had Magnum ice cream!

I want to mention some of the crew members for their exceptional service:
Maria Moore
John Hilletas
Lidia Bejines
Susana Gomez de Salazar
(I hope I got the names right)

Thank you!

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed May 22, 2024

IB3167 from Heathrow was 2.5 hours late into Madid. It arrived at 00:20 on 15/9/23 and missed our connection IB6653, which left for Lima at 00:10. Iberia put us up in an airport hotel overnight and booked us on IB6659 which left Madrid at 13:40 on 15/9 and arrived in Lima at 18:40. We arrived in Lima 13.5 hours late and missed the first day of our holiday. My wife and I are each ENTITLED to £520 compensation under EU Regulation 261/2004 ( more than 4 hours late on a flight further than 3500kms ), but all Iberia want to do is apologise for our delay and offer NO COMPENSATION. Can I please talk to Customer Services about our claim. NO CHANCE. Please fly with us again. NO CHANCE. My advice. AVOID IBERIA.

Date of travel: September 2023
Reviewed May 22, 2024

The airline itself is fine, but they have the rudest staff possible. They literally treat you like you are vermin. I will not use this airline again.

Date of travel: May 2024
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.