“Iberia a terrible air company”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed May 26, 2024

Iberia a terrible air company. We have had a return flight in economy class booked from Geneva to Madrid, for 2100 chf for 2 adults and 1 child, with 1 hold luggage of 23 kg. This price is huge for a direct flight of 1,5 hours. Not only we could not get a glass of water for free (let aside a small snack), an Iberia service in Madrid was horrible: our luggage was some 500 g heavier on display than 23 kg. Usually all other companies would accept this difference within an error margin (when we measured at home its weight was 23 kg), but here a lady with a very unpleasant expression on her face forced us to unload the luggage until it was 23 kg. In no air company has it ever happened before, even Easyjet is more flexible. Stay away from them if possible!

1  Thank Kat G

Reviewed May 25, 2024

the worst I've ever had. no legroom. no space between seats. bad food. unfriendly stewardesses. worst connection with bus, waiting for 15 minutes outside on the sun. and we were late to connect the next flight

Reviewed May 24, 2024

Flight delayed delayed 20 hours, they told me to book my own hotel and gave me a leaflet saying I could spend and claim back upto 150 euros. When I tried to claim the money back they refused 3 times saying the delay wasn't their fault. My flight was then delayed 30 hours on the way home, I managed to catch another flight

Date of travel: February 2024
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed May 24, 2024

Grueling flights from LAX to MAD and return. I like window seats. On the way there, I was in 22A, next to a wide bulkhead with no window. Had to recline and turn my head 90 degrees for a view. On the return flight I got a window finally, but was seated in a 3-seat row with two 300-pound men who overflowed into my space. Economy seats are child-sized. I'm 6' and 180#--no chance for any comfort. Awful flights.

Date of travel: April 2024
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed May 23, 2024

I'm travelling to Madrid in June 2024 for business and I booked flights for my wife and kids to find me there after my business was done. Unfortunately events that were not in our hand to control (changes in school schedule) meant the children could not come. When I tried to get a refund (even a partial one) 25 days before the flight, they said it's non-refundable (not even partially except for ~48€ of taxes) and asked me if I want to cancel anyway. What for? So that Iberia can re-sell the 3 seats I've payed for with ~900€? What kind of company has a policy which charges 900€ for services that are not given to the customer? Especially considering that there are at least 25 days left until the flight and that the flight is in June so they'll have no problem re-booking it.

Date of travel: May 2024
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.