“Worst Airline”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed May 27, 2024

Terrible airline. Their business class product on their newer fleet was quite nice, but some of their routes are operated by LEVEL airlines which has planes that are falling apart. My entire family was downgraded on a 12 hour flight and although we were promised a 75% refund within 7 days (per EU law), it’s been a month with multiple phone calls and emails, and nothing. Their website doesn’t work and their call center is useless. I will never fly this airline again and I warn others to avoid at all costs.

Date of travel: April 2024
2  Thank drewnyc

Reviewed May 26, 2024

Please pick any other airline. Iberia is the worst and I will never fly this airline again. Had business class ticket and was kicked back to economy because they needed my seat for their crew. They offered me business class on another flight, plus paid hotel stay if I left my destination the next day since I did not want to sit on the last row of aircraft. When I got to iberia front desk, they did not want to help and honor the hotel stay and flight for the next day they had promised me. My husband and I got stuck in Barcelona and had to purchase another flight.

2  Thank yamalia1982
Reviewed May 26, 2024

Iberia a terrible air company. We have had a return flight in economy class booked from Geneva to Madrid, for 2100 chf for 2 adults and 1 child, with 1 hold luggage of 23 kg. This price is huge for a direct flight of 1,5 hours. Not only we could not get a glass of water for free (let aside a small snack), an Iberia service in Madrid was horrible: our luggage was some 500 g heavier on display than 23 kg. Usually all other companies would accept this difference within an error margin (when we measured at home its weight was 23 kg), but here a lady with a very unpleasant expression on her face forced us to unload the luggage until it was 23 kg. In no air company has it ever happened before, even Easyjet is more flexible. Stay away from them if possible!

1  Thank Kat G
Reviewed May 25, 2024

the worst I've ever had. no legroom. no space between seats. bad food. unfriendly stewardesses. worst connection with bus, waiting for 15 minutes outside on the sun. and we were late to connect the next flight

Reviewed May 24, 2024

Flight delayed delayed 20 hours, they told me to book my own hotel and gave me a leaflet saying I could spend and claim back upto 150 euros. When I tried to claim the money back they refused 3 times saying the delay wasn't their fault. My flight was then delayed 30 hours on the way home, I managed to catch another flight

Date of travel: February 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.