“Iberia Airlines: Frustrating and Stressful Experience with Flight Change”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

# Review for Iberia Airlines

I recently had a deeply frustrating experience with Iberia Airlines regarding a change to my return flight reservation. Originally, my flight was scheduled to return from Rome to Santiago via Madrid. I attempted to change the origin of my return flight to Milan instead of Rome but faced significant difficulties on the company's website, which redirected me to a phone operator.

After spending several minutes on the phone, I was informed that I could change the origin of my return flight for an additional cost of approximately $500 per passenger. I accepted the charge for myself and my two children, assuming the matter was resolved. However, upon arrival at the airport, I was shocked to be told that I could not board the flight, though my children could. This situation was absurd and highly stressful.

At the check-in counter, I was instructed to call customer service because the staff at the counter could not assist me, causing further delays and frustration as other passengers waited to check in. During the phone call, I was informed that I needed to pay extra to secure my place on the flight from Milan, despite having already paid for the change. This made no sense, especially since my children and I were on the same reservation.

After an hour on the phone, I was finally offered a seat on the flight, but my return flight issue remained unresolved. As the departure time approached, I feared missing the flight altogether. Although I eventually boarded, I spent the entire journey anxious about not having a confirmed return flight.

From Spain, I had to make multiple calls to ensure that my return flight was confirmed. Despite assurances over the phone, I only received the tickets and reservation confirmation for my youngest child, not for myself or my older child. The stress and unpleasantness of this situation were overwhelming, especially when traveling with two young children.

I strongly urge Iberia to revise their policies to empower check-in counter staff to resolve such issues. Up until now, I was a satisfied customer who recommended Iberia to friends and family. However, after this experience, I will seriously reconsider flying with them again. I specifically chose a flexible flight option, which did not prove to be flexible in this case.

This experience was deeply disappointing and stressful. Iberia, please take note and improve your customer service and policies to prevent others from going through similar ordeals.

Date of travel: May 2024

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We booked flight with Iberia from Munich to Panama with 1 chnage in Madrid. For some 'uwnown' reasons ( non of the stuff could tell us why) the flight was delayed 2h. We arrived in Madrid with 20 min before the Gates to be closed, we ran through the whole airport ( from Terminal 4 to Terminal 1) to catch the 2nd flight. Sweating and hardly breahing we told our names and showed the passports and the person at the counter apologized and told us that even if we were in front of the gates and they are still open, she can't let us pass because we were relocated for the flight of the next day. She directed us to the info place where only 1 employe was handling a line with over 50 sad people (which lost their connecting flight fur to delays ). During the first 30min the line increased, and only after 40 min other 2 employees came to help. In the end we spent 4,5h only in the line in front of th info point. HOW COULD WE RECOMMEND SUCH A COMPANY ?!

Reviewed June 8, 2024

This was the worst experience I’ve had on my life. I believe it is a scam to make reservations for an Iberia flight and ending on a plane from something called Level, this plane was an unmarked, old white plane. My seat was broken, when I complaint about the condition of the plane and how unsafe I felt and that I wanted to get out the entire crew tried to convince me to stay so I did, I felt I had no option, they ensured that the seat was the only issue and I should not base my feeling with a seat, that the rest of the plane was safe. Well as soon as they closed the cabin this happened: NO TV ON THE ENTIRE PLANE, NO WIFI, RUSTY FLAPS, AND BATHROOM IN TERRIBLE CONDITION, NO AC, NO AIR CIRCULATION, all this on a 9 hours flight, I experience an anxiety attack for the entire flight with nothing to calm me down, the plane made so much noises, that I felt at some point it will crash. So I paid a 1500$ ticket to travel in this condition? So my advise is please don’t use this airline because you might end up in a unmarked, old plane like this and your safety, your peace of mind is more valuable. I will submit a complaint to FA because is just a matter of time for this company to cause a tragedy

Reviewed June 8, 2024

Never ride Iberia. Their customer service is the worst. They are disrespectful and treat you terribly. Made us pay twice for 1 checked bag and we requested a refund and they declined.

Reviewed June 8, 2024

Complete garbage of an airline. Everything was bad. We missed a flight and they provided no help. Understaffed and awful food. I’d stay clear of Spain altogether if Iberia is your only option

Date of travel: June 2024
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.