“Evil company.”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed June 13, 2024

Wouldn’t refund me or offer a credit or any consolation when my grandfather passed and we had to cancel our trip. Horrific customer service and business. I’ll never fly Iberia.

Reviewed June 13, 2024

Boarded flight at 7am. Sat in the plane for 2h. Crew announces a technical problem. Everyone had to disembark. No update provided in the airport of at client desk. 2h later we’re told the flight is cancelled. They couldn’t rebook passengers until the flight was officially cancelled. Finally got rebooked on a flight at 19.40 - 12h later than my original departure date. The seat I originally paid for was taken so I was bumped to the back of the plane seat 7 to seat 30.
The lack of communication is simply unacceptable, no empathy, no accountability
Will never fly Iberia again

• In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed June 12, 2024

I could not check in online as the booking ref would not work.
I could then not check in via the many online check in machines at the airport.
I was asked to wait in the customer services/ check in/ luggage queue, waited over an hour. Then got told by the 1 lady that was dealing with everyone that she won’t serve me and I need to go to 900. ‘I won’t serve you. Go to 900’ was the response to me asking for a boarding pass.
I explained I waited for over an hour, she said ‘not my problem. Maybe the person who told you to come here is a trainee’

I asked the ‘trainee’ to help me and I refused to wait in isle 900 for another hour. The trainee (or experienced member, who knows) said I was in the correct line and alluded to me waiting in the same queue again.
I said I’d try the check- in machine again. But would not queue up in the same line again?!
The machine failed me 3 times. Another staff member tried to check in online for me and the machine still did not work for me.
Both the Iberia colleagues, didnt know what to do. I had been at the airport for 2 hours and had made no progress on getting a boarding pass. I had waited in line and now spoken to 3 Iberia staff members.

Due to the frustration and rudeness of the lady at the check-in desk, I got emotional. And at that moment the staff took me to another check-in desk where a staff member came to sit, and within minutes I was provided with a boarding pass.

So emotional about how Iberia messed me around I couldn’t even talk.
Iberia wasted so many people’s time. Customers were walking past the queues complaining that no one was at the desks.
And it’s true - No one at the check in desks. And the 1 day that was there was so rude.
Would not recommend.

Reviewed June 12, 2024

Not me - my daughter. Her flight was delayed leaving Lima by 3 1/2 hrs meaning that the connection has been missed in Madrid. Iberia are putting her up in a hotel that is 1 1/2 hrs away from the airport. Arriving at the hotel at about 9pm, meaning leaving the hotel at 3am to go back to the airport. What on earth is the point of that? Not enough time to get any sleep at all, and not having had any on the 11 hr flight. Surely, SURELY there was a closer hotel to the airport than this??????????????

Reviewed June 12, 2024

I bought round trip tickets for my husband and I to travel with our friends in October 2023. We paid for premium economy seats. About 2 weeks before our trip, Iberia tells me that the plane had to be changed and our flight had to be changed. I was told that the new plane didn't have premium economy seats, but the one they put us on would. Oh, and the original flight was direct from Miami to Barcelona. Now, we had to have an almost 5 hour layover in JFK before getting to Barcelona. So, now we aren't flying with our friends and the travel was ridiculously long. Turns out, our friends didn't get bumped as we did, and the reason why were were bumped was to allow for crew to sleep. Oh, and I forgot to mention that there were 2 empty premium economy seats next to our friends! All this change for NOTHING! I will NEVER fly Iberia again and will tell all about this lousy experience.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.