“Worst Airline in the World, no exaggeration.”
Review of Iberia

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is absolutely the worst airline possible. We were flying from JFK to Malaga with a layover in Madrid (the most god-awful airport possible). First, the amount of legroom and personal space in the plane is ridiculously small. I felt trapped in the small space. I am 6’ tall and the space seems to be geared toward people 5’4” or less. Ridiculously uncomfortable in comparison to every other airline. They had a good amount of entertainment options that utilized plug in, wired headphones. The sound was much louder in one eat than the other. In addition, the number of scarily screaming infants and children kept everyone awake on the overnight flight. And things got worse from there.
The second plane was scheduled to depart at 7:15am after the first landed at 6:15am. After running through the airport afraid we would miss the flight, we were relieved to make it just in time at 7:12am. We were told the flight was already closed, leaving behind us (me, wife, son) and my son’s entire 50ish person band who traveled to Spain to perform. Now we are stranded in the Madrid airport with only standby tickets and our rental car was not held in Malaga because of the day-long delay. No one from the airline is sure where our checked luggage is. There are only 2 customer service employees at the counter and I waited in line twice for an hour to have questions answered unsuccessfully. Airline will not refund the tickets, especially inappropriate when my son and his group just left for a 5+ hour bus ride to make it to their destination in time to play a concert tomorrow. Will shortly rent a car and make the 5 hour trek myself after not sleeping for the past 30+ hours because I have no other choice.
I will never fly this airline again and for your own good choose any other airline.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This airline will scam you out of your money.
I paid extra 89 dollars to select a better seat. I called a day in advance to confirm i was getting that seat. Then at the airport they tell me i had to be moved in the VERY BACK because they changed aircraft but I could just call and get the money back. Upon calling they tell they cant refund me and I need to submit a claim online. I submitted a claim online and they NEVER got back to me or paid me back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Worst of the worst. I travel often and this was the first Iberia flight. Planes are small and uncomfortable for an international flight. No entertainment or accommodation. We were told that outlets were on-board but none of them worked. Armrest has 2 positions: 90 degrees upright or 45 degrees, no down motion at all. Tvs didn't work. Food was Lukewarm. Returning flight was delayed 8 hrs with little notice. As I type I sit in the airport waiting to board the twice delayed flight, and the desk attendees have no info. I was expecting to get home by 6:20 pm and now will be arriving at 3:30am. The app says boarding starts at 9pm and it is currently 9:30 with no movement or communication. Completely unacceptable!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Literally horrific. Do NOT recommend. All 3 flights I took on Iberia were delayed. Zero communication. Flight was delayed for HOURS with no one even telling us. If you want to get to your destination on-time I do NOT recommend.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am now on my return leg. We took this airline to celebrate our wedding anniversary in Rome. Lost 2 days 0n the way out due to a canceled flight and being rerouted through Madrid instead of the original Barcelona.

Now instead of a 4 hour layover in Barcelona , we are on a a” we can’t access information “ delay . It’s traumatic with shares between Vyueli f, Iberia, Level 1 and AA. And information is extremely scarce if not absent. Instead of an advance notification which we could have used to go out if the airport, we are left hanging in suspense mode . Certainly a sheer case of PTSD ahead. Never ever never ever fly Iberia and company.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.