“Great Reliable Airline”
Review of Japan Airlines (JAL)

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Booked my flight with Japan Airlines. Seats actually have room. On the 10 hour flight from Melbourne, I never felt like I was crammed into my seat. Cabin Crew was real friendly and the price of the ticket was reasonably priced. Will fly this airline again.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Flew from Heathrow ,told at the airport I had not checked in online even though I had confirmed seats online and had also been advised I had checked in, after a very frustrating time trying to fathom the worst website I have ever come across. We had a flight from London to Helsinki via BA then joined JAL who immediately informed us they had changed our seats!! Premium economy too I was astounded and complained but was not fully understood, I did not want to cause a scene as the flight attendants looked suitably embarrassed and did not really appear to know what I was going on about . I have checked in again for the home journey and I will not be changing my seat again, be warned JAL. I am so angry about the situation but know that complaining will I imagine fall on deaf non understanding ears!

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We went from the USA to the Philippines round trip with Japan Air. The flight itself was a good price and the movie selection and food were decent. The seats weren't the most comfortable but they were also fairly decent and the flight attendants were friendly. What really bothered us is the mobile check-in. We had 8 hours in LAX before our flight so we tried checking in online to get our seats reserved, the mobile site would not allow it, so we decided to wait at the gate until an attendant arrived so we could check in. 1 hour before the flight started boarding the attendant arrived and when we checked in they put us on opposite ends of the plane (it was our honeymoon) so we were not pleased to spend 14 hours apart for the start to our vacation. Luckily the airline was able to make some changes and put us together moments before the airline began boarding which we greatly appreciated. At the end of our vacation we didn't want this happening again, so 24 hours before our flight we attempted the mobile check in again. This time it let me put my information into the check in services but could not locate my name or reservation number. Highly displeased that we are having so many issues with our check-in with this airline. Hope it gets resolved.

1  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 8 October 2017

JAL overnight to Australia served Wagyu Beef Sirloin which was absolutely the best airline meal I've ever enjoyed. Appetiser of Salmon Gravlax was also exceptional.
Great to see that some airlines still do value business class travellers and aren't cutting costs to the bone, instead focusing on higher quality and good service.

Lie-flat beds were good for the age f the plane - hard to beat the A380 lie-flat experience on other airlines - and the entertainment package was very good.

I will certainly fly JAL again after this experience.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank Sean C
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

I flew SYD-NRT return recently on JAL and was utterly amazed at the level of service provided by all staff. The Sydney ground staff were outstanding. They were genuinely lovely people who ensured that I felt special from check in to boarding.
On board, the cabin crew seemed so much more attentive and professional than any other cabin crew I have ever seen. They just paid so much attention to detail.
The aircraft, a B787 on both flights, was new, clean and extremely comfortable.
The meals were delicious and they provided a selection of western and Japanese choices.
I have flown a lot over the years and on many airlines, but JAL was, without any doubt, the best I have ever experienced.
I have never recommended any airline on social media before, but I had never flown JAL before either.

2  Thank Michael K