“The worst experience ever”
Review of Kenya Airways

Reviewed February 25, 2024

Kenya airways is the worst airline ever they are not organized I’ve had the worst experience of my life. I would not advise even my enemy to use this airline

1  Thank Daydream42333546165

Reviewed February 25, 2024

I connected with Kenya Airways in Dubai, my destination was Harare Zimbabwe. I went for my baggage collection and my bags were not there, not only mine alone but everyone who had connected from another flight. My home is out of Harare so my family had organised transport to come and pick me up but to their surprise they had to go back home leaving me behind to wait for my bags and they paid the transport expense which wasn't used due to the delay of my bags. I also had to encounter another expense for a place to stay while I wait for my bags. Until now there is no information yet on my bags. I'm just waiting to be contacted.
This situation really enconvienced me a lot. I hope they rectify these kind of problems.

1  Thank FinesseTanaka B
Reviewed February 23, 2024

Disappointing experience despite new aircraft and reasonable seats.

Bad attitude from KA ground-staff in Kenya, and at the Simba lounge even shocking rudeness and aggression + no seating or food available.

Told at check in bags would go through to final destination but actually had to collect in Nairobi, walk 500m outside to different terminal with them & re-check in (no communication or assistance, had to ask airport staff what to do).

Food on plane was ok but standard economy food served with nice plates etc. Toilets wet and messy throughout flight with 1 of 3 front reserved for staff. Cabin crew were friendly with one exception and the best of a bad experience.

Flight change by 1 day on the way out (with a months notice but required rebooking hotels), and 2.5 hours on the tarmac on the way back.

Nairobi airport is a total shambles and the airline is missing an opportunity as the national carrier to offer their customers a slightly better experience than others. "Priority" lanes were slower than regular ones & queue jumping tolerated. There was no benefit to business class on the ground.

Avoid if you can and if no other choice only upgrade for the seat as that's all you get. Kenya Airways needs to address their staff training/attitude and processes to compete with almost any other airline.

But we did get to our destination safely on a nice seat.

1  Thank Stay25920204456
Reviewed February 22, 2024

Worst airline to travel
They outsource the air after to other carriers who don’t speak English have terrible service and gives the airline a very bad reputation . Kenya Airline is constantly knowing for delaying their flights - iv taken three so far on one trip all were delayed . Do not use them

1  Thank H0theels
Reviewed February 22, 2024

If minus stars was an option, thats Kenya Airways.

Cancell the flight at the last minute and expect passengers to eat plane food dinner at the gate and sleep on benches on a flight that is delayed for 7 hours.

No compassion for their customers.

After many years of flying, this has to be the worst experience.

As per their staff, "you can chose any other flight next time, its your choice"

1  Thank Deveshan N
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.