“Traumatised, KLM”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed February 23, 2024

Just arrived into Las vagas and instead of rushing out to begin my holidays I'm traumatised after my experience flying KLM so leaving my first ever review here.
PLEASE NERVER FLY WITH KLM ! Their seating on a 11 hour flight is horrific, a complete NIGHTMARE FROM START TO FINISH with other issues thrown in there too. Shocking, someone somewhere seriously needs to be accountable.

Reviewed February 23, 2024

The crew of the flight KL1188 on23/02/2024 departed on 10am were amazing I am a frequent flyer and I never came a cross such a great cabin crew before, keep up the good work

Reviewed February 22, 2024

How the mighty have fallen.

I used to lament that when I flew from China, the code share with China Southern meant sometimes putting up with the lower standard flights that airline offers, as opposed to KLM's excellence. Well in recent years China Southern have improved significantly, yet suddenly KLM seems to be the opposite. So let's give context...

Somehoo, the plane felt a little tired on boarding, although the entertainment system was fine and the seat was moderately comfortable. The flight from Beijing to Amsterdam felt like it dragged a lot, which may have partially been down to the food choices.

Well, actually, no choices.

First meal, noodles. This was ok, but not espcialy appestising, decent noodles with a few small pieces of mushroom and an unidentied vegetable that didn't warrant a second taste.

Second meal was pasta, in a bland tomato sauce. Probably just tomato, actually. I'm not super fussy about airline meals, but this second one was a new low.

Staff were decent, but notably workmanlike compared to previous experiences on KLM, lacking that warm, professional edge I'd previously experienced.

Land a Amsterdam, connecting flight to Manchester delayed by almost three hours. Now credit where credit is due, the air crew and cabin crew on this leg were fantastic and I swear I'm never taxiied around an airport as fast as we did on that flight, the pilots pulling out the stops to make up for lost time. This meant I landed after midnight, which had a knock-on effect on all of my other arrangements and it was after 2:00am before I checked, very tiredly, into my hotel.

Return flight from Manchester to Amsterdam, delayed again, but not by as much and again the cabin and air crew were great. The Beijing flight left on time, but there was no way I could get comfortable on the flight, not the legroom or the elbow room, but the seat of the chair - as a result I spent more time standing than I ever have on a flight before.

Food was underwhelming again, disappointing chicken (with disappointing bits of bone in there) meant dinner was a wah. breakfast was better though, with a warm, apple pastry being an unexpected delight.

Again, cabin service felt workmanlike, but no more, with the expception of one gentleman who did feel like he was making the extra effort and swimming upstream against the tide.

KLM used to be my favourite airline, but it seems in a rut. Short-haul European flights were fantastic, but it's the long-haul international flights that form the key experience and these just felt tired. Next time I may be rooting to get the China Southern flight on my code share. Please, KLM, can we have the old you back.

1  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed February 22, 2024

especially @Amsterdam airport very bad rude staff, not co-operative . Rude gate agents. Bad customer service even with wheelchair users and kids. Many others passengers travelling same route saying that they will never fly with klm

Reviewed February 22, 2024

KLM's Business Class is just abyssmal. The plane layout was awful, since I was seated next to someone by a window, instead of on aisle as is true in all newer Business Class configurations, and the seat was very uncomfortable. Magnetic plug for head phones meant I couldn't use my own--a real drag, and the seat controls were incredibly poorly designed overall. Food was barely edible, and the stewardesses were sullen and cheap with the wine. I'd never fly KLM again!

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.