“Raw deal”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed February 27, 2024

I have never had any issues with the airline until today. I purchased extra baggage at £46. To my surprise, the system used up my air miles worth £185. I called up to complain and was told by the staff that nothing could be done about it. It was very upsetting because I had purchased the air miles a few minutes before I bought the extra luggage. I have hit a brick wall trying to explain it to anyone at the airline. I don't think I'll be travelling with them again.

1  Thank Kofi A

Reviewed February 26, 2024

Tahar at KLM service desk at Amsterdam Airport is a star! He was kind and helpful and made my day ! Positive attitude takes you a long way! Take care of this man KLM!

Reviewed February 26, 2024

The check-in agent didn't allow me to check in and close the check-in desk while I was around. I was asked to pay another 1000dollars for next days flight. I paid the 1000dollars and the next day when I got to the airport I was told my booking is from Ghana to Amsterdam not to Newcastle. They stressed me up before changing it for me. Am not pleased with this bad service. Staff need more training and needs to be empathetic

1  Thank Christian N
Reviewed February 26, 2024

I truly do not understand those negative comments. I fly with KLM very often because I like their service and helpful and always friendly staff. Most of airlines within Europe offer only a glass of water and a bar of chocolate, whereas with KLM you always get a complimentary sandwich and drinks (including wine and beer). Regardless if short or long flight, business or economy class, their service is always great. I flew with them to Lima, Buenos Aires, Bali and recently to St Martin (with return from Trinidad). I have been upgraded to business class a couple of times which was a nice surprise. They truly deliver. I always have to change flights at Amsterdam airport but I love that place. Their lounge is great and shopping area with colorful tulips and tasty cheese always make me smile. Delays may happen with every airline and when it happened with KLM, it was resolved fast and followed with voucher. Thank you KLM. Safe travels and see you soon :-)

Date of travel: January 2024
Reviewed February 26, 2024

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction and disappointment with the services provided by KLM airline during my recent travel experience. On the 21st of December 2023, my boyfriend and I were scheduled to depart from Schiphol airport to Newcastle on KLM flight [Flight Number KL0965]. However, upon arrival at the airport, we were informed that our flight had been cancelled, leaving us stranded without any prior notice.

Adding to our distress, we were informed that our luggage had already been checked in and we were unable to retrieve it. Despite being assured that alternative flights would be arranged, we were informed that there were no available options except for a rescheduled flight on the 26th of December 2023, at an exorbitant additional cost of £1400. This unexpected financial burden forced us to dip into our own savings to cover expenses for accommodation, toiletries, and other essential items, amounting to over £1000.

Furthermore, we were later informed that we could opt for a flight to Manchester airport as an alternative, with the promise of reimbursement for the additional cost. Reluctantly, we agreed to this option, only to encounter further issues. The rescheduled flight on the 23rd of December 2023 was delayed by 2 hours, and upon arrival, we discovered that our luggage was lost. Which we did receive £86 for this,which i cannot fault.

To make matters worse, my father had to undertake a 150-mile journey to pick us up from Manchester airport, incurring additional expenses. Despite numerous attempts to resolve these issues through communication with KLM's customer service, the response has been inadequate and unhelpful.

After months of correspondence, the only reimbursement received from KLM amounts to a mere £40, and 338 for hotel. One night stay was 219 and the other 189. We recieved nothing for flights, and no compensation for the inconvenience and toll it has taken on our mental health. which is wholly insufficient considering the significant financial and emotional toll this ordeal has taken on my family.The lack of accountability, poor communication, and inadequate compensation demonstrate a blatant disregard for customer satisfaction and wellbeing.
This entire experience has been nothing short of appalling and has caused immense stress and financial strain. I urge KLM to take immediate action to rectify this situation and provide appropriate compensation for the inconvenience, financial losses, and distress caused.

Date of travel: December 2023
1  Thank alicia c
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.