“GREEDY RIP OFF Airline”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed April 11, 2024

Greedy charges. Thought I had checked three bags but only two I could have added an extra one on my booking for £19.30 but rather than inconvenience those behind our party I paid at the desk £47.15 one way for Blue Member.Rip Off! Thought we were going to be using this route regularly but they have lost our business.

Date of travel: April 2024

Reviewed April 10, 2024

Big problem for baggages. They did not allow to take it in the cabin of plane, even small baggage (accordingly the law). They told us that the plane was full. Big lies because after little time we saw empty spacies over our heads and the personnel was enough impolite. Never more trips with KLM.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed April 10, 2024

This was the reply from KLM customer service, 10 weeks after a delayed flight from Norwich UK. "I am sorry that your flight KL 1516 from Norwich to Amsterdam on 19 January 2024 was delayed due to late arrival of incoming aircraft weather reasons and unfortunately, the delay of your first flight caused you to miss your connecting flight". My first issue is that the connecting flight was also a KLM flight to Dublin and was offered as a viable connection with flight KL1516 from Norwich. The delay was not "extraordinary", as they claim ....."This situation is regarded as an extraordinary circumstance and therefore the compensation set by the EC Regulation 261/2004 does not apply." A connecting flight was arranged for later the same afternoon. I had booked Aircoach tickets to align with the original flight but had to cancel and rebook at a much later time. My original booked flight from Norwich was scheduled for 0915 and I should have reached my destination at 1300. I actually got there at 2145. To date the response from KLM has been "Also, we have complied with our obligations to limit as much as possible the inconvenience caused by this circumstance; therefore, I cannot respond favourably to your request."
I have asked them to explain why I received a message at Amsterdam Airport to download vouchers for £24. I assumed these were a kind of subsistence allowance for food and drinks. I tried to download them but they were not available due to "technical issues".
I have asked them to explain why they have not refunded approximately £20 I paid to select seats on the original connecting flight. My seats on the later flight were assigned randomly.
I have asked them to explain why they require receipts for food and drink items, approx. £17, when it looked as if they should have issued "vouchers" .
Finally, their latest email refers to my claim for hotel and taxi expenses. I think the wrong standard letter has been sent. My claim just referred to the cost of a substandard meal at Dublin Airport and a couple of coffees at Amsterdam.
I honestly believed that KLM was a good airline. Not any more ! It is really disappointing that the Royal Dutch Airline cannot refund approximately £70 for genuine expenses and being unwilling to refund payment for a service they did not in fact provide.

Date of travel: January 2024
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed April 9, 2024

I travelled Amsterdam to Lima 12hrs flight, booked children meals 24 hrs before as was stipulated on the website and my children got no children meals. I booked because they don’t eat meals on planes. Flight attendant just gave them same adults meals (the children did not touch it at all as we expected) and said I should book it 48 hrs before for children meals, I said the website just allowed us to do it 24 hrs before and did not get any answer to that. My children were hungry during the flight. KLM should notify parents to be more prepared for this kind of situation if you are not going to offer what you promise. Especially if is for children.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed April 9, 2024

I was unable to check in for my flight online -- received multiple error messages on the app. It said to do so at airport kiosk. Same issue at kiosk. Everyone I asked for help said "Well, don't you have your boarding pass?" Um, no -- that's the problem. Wasn't too worried as I arrived at airport 2+ hours before flight. When I finally got to a rep, I was told "You might make it if you hurry." WHA?? (FYI: let your travelers know how early you close the doors.) I had to run through Schiphol. On board, bathroom was trashed and headset kept cutting out. But the crew were very courteous.

Date of travel: April 2024
1  Thank marinkw1
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.