“Worst Airline.”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed April 13, 2024

I rate this airline as the worst. My flight KL678 on November 4th 2023 was canceled and caused me alot of inconvenience and extra expenses. Despite being eligible for compensation, KLM has refused to compensate me. Their customer service representatives is a bunch of incompetent ladies who have no clue of their job. They lie and will do exactly the opposite of what they tell you.
The most shocking thing is that my claim for compensation was declined because my final destination was not in an European country. What level of stupidity is this? KLM flies from Calgary to my final destination Nairobi. What business should I have in an European country? I am not an European.
They have declined my case twice. I am thinking of other options but KLM must pay all the expenses that I incurred due to this cancellation.
Please I advise traveller's to avoid this company.

Date of travel: November 2023
1  Thank Rosemary A

Reviewed April 13, 2024

I've just come back from my trip, KLM has been the absolute worst experience I've ever had flying with any airline. From the beginning Glasgow Airport with KLM flying to Denpasar (Bali) check in opened late 2 hours before instead of the usual 4 hours on long haul flights, when asked what was the reason behind this was KLM said that the flight was going to Amsterdam and not Denpasar. No other airline has ever done this to me and other customers who are in long haul trips and I've lost out on lounge access that I've paid for as a result. I've also asked for an upgrade to business class and the desk staff said yes, as I was about to pay the staff at the desk told me that they will take the payment and sort the details out in Amsterdam, when I got to Schipol nobody knew what was going on and I basically wasted even more time and not for the first time with KLM, misadviced. On all flights to and from Denpasar I've experienced some of the most unprofessional service I've seen from cabin crew, from being constantly ignored to loud and boisterous personal conversations echoing throughout the cabin, it's all there.

And to top it all off KLM have now lost my luggage and no one knows where it is. I'm at a loss for words at just how bad standards are for KLM. Even if somebody tried to make the whole experience bad on purpose, they could not possibly make it so, the service is just that bad. Even the phone support is so bad that the agents are not equipped to deal with customer queries and I'm just being redirected to the website. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

1  Thank Miguel L
Reviewed April 11, 2024

Never seen the worse airline. First time I decided to fly by KLM and it was the last time. I was supposed to fly from Istanbul to Belgrade today, but I was not allowed on the gate of the plane. They(KLM stuff at the airport )said that it is impossible for your citizens to transit through Amsterdam. Although I checked with the Dutch embassy that I can. All what they said in live chat "sorry" and template texts that write me repeatedly and after end up conversation. They didn't care about customers

• Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed April 11, 2024

Greedy charges. Thought I had checked three bags but only two I could have added an extra one on my booking for £19.30 but rather than inconvenience those behind our party I paid at the desk £47.15 one way for Blue Member.Rip Off! Thought we were going to be using this route regularly but they have lost our business.

Reviewed April 10, 2024

Big problem for baggages. They did not allow to take it in the cabin of plane, even small baggage (accordingly the law). They told us that the plane was full. Big lies because after little time we saw empty spacies over our heads and the personnel was enough impolite. Never more trips with KLM.

Date of travel: March 2024
    • Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.