“Downgrade without compensation.”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed April 15, 2024

I purchased premium economy tickets for my family through the American Express travel website. However, upon arriving at the airport, we discovered that we had been downgraded to regular economy class without any prior notice.
When I contacted KLM customer service to request compensation, which I believe I am entitled to under European Union law, I was surprised and disappointed by their response. The representative offered me only a small, non-refundable voucher to use on future KLM flights, without even refunding the fare difference between premium economy and regular economy.
I also reached out to American Express, hoping they could assist me in resolving this issue, but I was met with the same unsatisfactory answer. Both KLM and American Express made me go back and forth between their customer service departments, without providing a proper resolution or adequate compensation.
As a customer, I feel let down by both KLM and American Express in their handling of this situation. The lack of communication regarding the downgrade, coupled with their unwillingness to provide appropriate compensation, has left me deeply dissatisfied with their services.

Date of travel: June 2023
1  Thank Victor S

Reviewed April 15, 2024

A very misleading 'Time To Think'
This airline charged me £56 to hold our seats for 48 hours and it's non-refundable. The website is very misleading as it looks as if I proceed with the booking the money will offset the purchase of tickets. Not happy!

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed April 15, 2024

My recent experience and dealings with KLM has been both the most frustrating and disappointing I have ever experiences in a lifetime of travel. The customer service they offer appears to have been intentionally designed to ensure that you don't pursue any issue that you may wish to raise.
My request for reimbursement for monies outstanding for pre booked seats on a flight that KLM cancelled should have been a simple task.
However this has not been the case, after an eight page documented dialogue on What's App and over twenty emails and a considerable amount of time with the customer service department of KLM, requesting that we be reimbursed to the credit card for the amounts paid for the seating, it was not forthcoming.
We were told, we must provide evidence and detailed, name, address, telephone number flight details a specimen signature, proof of identity with either a copy of driving licence or passport and full bank account details.
This was queried and once again requested that the outstanding monies be paid back onto the original credit card.
I raised a concern regarding the amount of personal information that was being sent to a call centre but I was told that that until this information was received the claim would be put on hold.
The requested quantity of personal data would appear to contradict the personal data protection act and its over use policy, "requesting only what is necessary". After providing all the evidence requested to the KLM call centre, the monies outstanding were finally paid directly back onto the credit card that the seats had been initially purchased.

None of the data that was requested by the KLM call centre was necessary to have the monies reimbursed.

I would strongly advise any one considering flying with KLM should be aware of the issues that have been raised on previous and future reviews of KLM.

Date of travel: February 2024
1  Thank trevor g
Reviewed April 14, 2024

I have had the most insane experience with KLM, We had to go from Amsterdam to Rome and the flight is delayed for 7 hours, what can happen

When we came home and submit all the documentation in accordance with KLM's own rules to get compensation. Now after more than 30 emails we still haven't received any money and new irrelevant questions are asked every day to bother the process as much as possible - This is a company where you really have to be careful - It's as if they deliberately bother you former customer as much as possible, just to get us to stop the process - A terrible bureaucracy and a frivolous company with no poli and a deliberate attempt to cheat and circumvent customers' right to compensation

Stay far away if you can

Date of travel: March 2024
2  Thank Rene B
Reviewed April 13, 2024

Nicks from Skytanking was super helpful and friendly and made my trip so much better. Sorted passport and visa with no queues

Date of travel: April 2024
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.