“First flight, many problems”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed April 16, 2024

At my travel to Houston, my baggage was left at stop in Amsterdam. It arrived next day at 2 pm, but I was told not to come until they call me again. They phoned me at 4 pm and told the baggage can be picked up until 5 pm, so i had to rush through whole city to kick it up as i was travelling further in the evening. Only after my baggage arrived, I received e-mail that only way to get any recompensation id by sending them a bill if I had to buy anything because of baggage delay. On my way back to Cracow my flight to Amsterdam was delayed by an hour. Without asking me about anything, KLM rebooked my flight form Amsterdam to Cracow to later this day. When I arrived in Amsterdam, it turned out that I could without any problem be on time on the earlier flight I had booked. Of course I could not get on this plane, because my seat was sold to someone else. For a few hours of additional waiting at the airport, KLM offered me 12 € to spend at the airport. I would not recommend this airline to anyone.

1  Thank Stay43997868268

Reviewed April 16, 2024

KLM are OK for short haul but this 14 hour flight from Tokyo to Amsterdam was dreadful. Expensive, cramped/uncomfortable seats, poor food, insufficient toilets (one of which went out of order shortly into the flight). Avoid KLM for long haul and use one of the airlines from UAE for a lower price and far better service.

Reviewed April 15, 2024

My flight was stopped in Cork for 45 min even different flight to AMS departure on time. They renovating runway so that's why they postponing the flight. I missed my connection and after they started to change and cancel my flight several times. The last flight we were in after 2 hrs delay 9pm to 11:20 pm we were in board for 1 hours and after they canceled and aske to leave. No hotel no staff to help us what to do. As we were left from the aircraft no chance to find hotel :( so no sleep for over 24 hrs. Virtual help online is a joke. Chatted all night and asked me for extra money as the flight they rebooked was delayed for a few hrs and I need to arrive as soon as possible after over 24 hrs journey. Think again if u really need to flight with them in Europe.

1  Thank 365_ukk
Reviewed April 15, 2024

I purchased premium economy tickets for my family through the American Express travel website. However, upon arriving at the airport, we discovered that we had been downgraded to regular economy class without any prior notice.
When I contacted KLM customer service to request compensation, which I believe I am entitled to under European Union law, I was surprised and disappointed by their response. The representative offered me only a small, non-refundable voucher to use on future KLM flights, without even refunding the fare difference between premium economy and regular economy.
I also reached out to American Express, hoping they could assist me in resolving this issue, but I was met with the same unsatisfactory answer. Both KLM and American Express made me go back and forth between their customer service departments, without providing a proper resolution or adequate compensation.
As a customer, I feel let down by both KLM and American Express in their handling of this situation. The lack of communication regarding the downgrade, coupled with their unwillingness to provide appropriate compensation, has left me deeply dissatisfied with their services.

Date of travel: June 2023
1  Thank Victor S
Reviewed April 15, 2024

A very misleading 'Time To Think'
This airline charged me £56 to hold our seats for 48 hours and it's non-refundable. The website is very misleading as it looks as if I proceed with the booking the money will offset the purchase of tickets. Not happy!

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.