“KLM Diabolical service”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed April 17, 2024

KLM cancelled the flights (Trondheim to Amsterdam and Amsterdam to Leeds Bradford) the day before travel. They offered an unitemised refund of approx 25% of the outbound and inbound flights. I used KLM whatsapp facility to query this and ask for an itemised refund. I was then offered a refund of £37 less than originally offered. I queried this and eventually managed to reinstate the original sum. I again asked for this to be itemised explaining I was concerned it may not represent the full cost of the flights. Time and again this was refused. The customer service whatsapp staff have no interaction with the finance/refund staff and I was refused access directly to the refund staff while at the same time the customer service staff refused to ask on my behalf. The complaints procedure required the flight number to be inserted and then stated that a refund has been issued leaving nowhere to complain. Appalling customer service, appalling website, impossible complaints procedure. Avoid KLM. I shall never use them again

Reviewed April 17, 2024

Service is very bad. They cancelled my flight 4 times in a row, then refused to pay compensation for 3 of the 4 cancellations, but reimbursed one of those. Makes absolutely no sense, seems completely random and dependent on who works on your complaint. Now called customer service and sent various emails. They stop responding. Alao funny: on the airport on the day of cancellations I was handed a flyer stating my rights, but they still keep ignoring me....
Also, on the day of various cancellations, customer service was completely understaffed. I spent 4 hours in the line waiting for anyone to respond.

Next step will be to involve my lawyer. I try to avoid this airline wherever possible....

Date of travel: December 2023
Reviewed April 16, 2024

At my travel to Houston, my baggage was left at stop in Amsterdam. It arrived next day at 2 pm, but I was told not to come until they call me again. They phoned me at 4 pm and told the baggage can be picked up until 5 pm, so i had to rush through whole city to kick it up as i was travelling further in the evening. Only after my baggage arrived, I received e-mail that only way to get any recompensation id by sending them a bill if I had to buy anything because of baggage delay. On my way back to Cracow my flight to Amsterdam was delayed by an hour. Without asking me about anything, KLM rebooked my flight form Amsterdam to Cracow to later this day. When I arrived in Amsterdam, it turned out that I could without any problem be on time on the earlier flight I had booked. Of course I could not get on this plane, because my seat was sold to someone else. For a few hours of additional waiting at the airport, KLM offered me 12 € to spend at the airport. I would not recommend this airline to anyone.

1  Thank Stay43997868268
Reviewed April 16, 2024

KLM are OK for short haul but this 14 hour flight from Tokyo to Amsterdam was dreadful. Expensive, cramped/uncomfortable seats, poor food, insufficient toilets (one of which went out of order shortly into the flight). Avoid KLM for long haul and use one of the airlines from UAE for a lower price and far better service.

Reviewed April 15, 2024

My flight was stopped in Cork for 45 min even different flight to AMS departure on time. They renovating runway so that's why they postponing the flight. I missed my connection and after they started to change and cancel my flight several times. The last flight we were in after 2 hrs delay 9pm to 11:20 pm we were in board for 1 hours and after they canceled and aske to leave. No hotel no staff to help us what to do. As we were left from the aircraft no chance to find hotel :( so no sleep for over 24 hrs. Virtual help online is a joke. Chatted all night and asked me for extra money as the flight they rebooked was delayed for a few hrs and I need to arrive as soon as possible after over 24 hrs journey. Think again if u really need to flight with them in Europe.

1  Thank 365_ukk
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.