“Wish Never Flew with KLM”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed May 12, 2024

KLM lost 2 of our luggage on August 11, 2023, during a flight from Amsterdam to Washington DC; each luggage weighing more than 44 pounds. Despite weeks of communication and providing every required evidence and information, we have been denied compensation or any help to find them. We were compensated less than 20 percent ($639) for one of the luggage and no compensation for the second lost luggage. This is very unprofessional behavior and humiliation to the customers. Our time was never valued and no one in the AIR FRANCE/KLM listened to the claim. The most ridiculous part is that their first question is asking for the original copy of the receipt for each item AIR FRANCE/KLM/DELTA lost. I don't know how many people in the world will keep receipts of every item they have purchased during their lifetime.

Date of travel: August 2023
1  Thank Explore29781319472

Reviewed May 12, 2024

Absolutely awful, they attempted to kill a puppy, sick sick people, hopefully they get some form of disease, one that’s painful

Date of travel: July 2023
1  Thank Rob S
Reviewed May 12, 2024

My review is related to KLM CARGO KL1010 on 1st May : I had to bring my 7 ornamental live goldfish 5 hrs before the flight for loading and they were left behind because the inbound flight had delay and they didn’t load any cargo including LIVE pets, they were left in Heathrow 24 hrs without being checked or oxygenated , I was not notified and the tracking app was a disaster, the app told me the box landed in Amsterdam and at midnight said it will be sent from Heathrow next day at 8 am . Really unbelievable!

I urge KLM team to pay more attention to LIVE animals, they are not a box of books which can be left behind !! Not all cargo is the same.

Date of travel: April 2024
2  Thank B6104PDcristinab
Reviewed May 11, 2024

What an absolute disaster. We were flying KLM (booked through Delta Airlines) from Kilimanjaro to Amsterdam with a connection to Atlanta all on KLM then on to Nashville on a Delta Flight.

We booked and paid for our tickets 9 months in advance.. We also received confirmation from Delta the day before that our flight was ready for us to check in. My husband tried but could not check us in. We thought it was because we were in Tanzania and there was possibly an internet problem. We left Tanzania and arrived at the Kilimanjaro airport. Our flight was 9:30 PM, so many hours from the 3 PM time we got to the airport. My husband tried to check us in and got notification that our flight had been changed. No emails prior to telling us of the change.

We are now sitting in the worst airport with unbelievable loudspeaker noise and people everywhere you looked, trying to call Delta and KLM. Each airline blamed the other and could not tell us why we were bumped from the KLM flight from Amsterdam to Atlanta. The flight was still going, just not with us on it. Seems they had an equipment change and there weren't enough seats for us, the people who paid them thousands of dollars almost a year in advance!

They re-routed us through Minneapolis of all places which added even more hours to the trip. This was unacceptable so after a very irritating call my husband finally got them to put us on a Delta Flight from Amsterdam to Atlanta. It was 5 hours later than the 9:30 AM flight we were bumped from. We now had to wait several hours and fly Delta, which was an old plane with bad staff, and horrid food. If that wasn't enough, we could not get business from Atlanta to Nashville and had to fly coach.

We still do not know why we were selected to be bumped. It could not be based on when we purchased the ticket as we did that way in advance. We think, and it's just a speculation that KLM bumps their partner passengers first. Their KLM customers we think take first priority. If this true we are all in a fix if we are using partner airlines.

It took us 40 hours to get home. I will say the service on the KLM Kilimanjaro flight to Amsterdam was far superior to Delta. Very professional staff, good food with coffee served in their signature blue and white China cups, little chocolates with their other signature houses on them and a little China house as a gift. Lots of special details that makes for an enjoyable flight. Except I was still so mad, I really didn't enjoy it as much as I should have.

I guess the lesson to be learned is, if you cannot check-in to a flight no matter how remote the area is that you are in. Call the airline right away. Something has probably gone very wrong like it did for us.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed May 11, 2024

I regularly fly long haul flights and out of the ~10 previous airlines I've never had one tell me I can't have a gin and tonic or whiskey and coke, even airlines based in countries where alcohol is illegal. Imagine spending £700 on a 15 hour flight and being treated like a child. Nothing else good to say about the airline, but that's reason enough for me not to fly with them again. Hope it was worth it KLM 🤡

TLDR; don't want to be treated like a child? Fly with literally any other airline 🙃

Date of travel: April 2024
2  Thank Cruiser30378329718
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.