“Never Again”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Booked Glasgow to Calgary via Schiphol with lounge access. Flights times were initially changed twice in run up resulting in extra long layover. One day before departure got an email to say flights were cancelled. Despite having Flying Blue membership etc it was impossible to speak to anyone and that was after two and a half hours on the phone. KLM refunded flights and the extra you have to pay to actually get a seat on the flights you have paid for........but they claim lounge access was used. I have asked KLM to explain how my partner and myself managed to access a lounge at Schiphol airport when they had cancelled our flights and the Lufthansa alternative we had to find ourselves went via Frankfurt!. I have now spent enough time on this (I'm on their messenger service right now but will have to give up - their tactic appears to be keep you waiting so long or ask for so many different bits of info that it is easier to give up and they can just pocket the money without offering any service). So that's it, KLM took £106 off me for nothing at all in return except hours and hours of grief. I will not use them again but hey ho they won't care and they'll still have my money.

1  Thank 505graeme

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The customer service is useless, you would get more out of talking to a wall. We followed all the guidelines they provided and did everything they said, they still destroyed our bagage and refuse to be resposible for it.

Reviewed May 13, 2024

Excellent flight on all levels. Business class comfort, service, on time, comfort. Even the food was good. Would definitly fly KLM again.

Reviewed May 13, 2024

This is easily the worst airline I have ever flown. My husband and I were downgraded involuntarily. We were told upon landing we should get our $1,400 difference refunded to our bank accounts easily. I had to fight tooth and nail for the first $700 and was refunded at the beginning of April for one of the two seats. Fast forward five months later, and I call weekly only to be given the runaround. I am not looking for anything beyond what I am owed and am at a loss for what to do. Everyone I speak with has a different answer as to what I need to do to get refunded. Save your sanity and fly a different airline!

Date of travel: January 2024
2  Thank Megan M
Reviewed May 13, 2024

My flight from Zürich to Amsterdam was late and therefore I missed my connecting flight to Taipei. I was able to fly one day later with Air China, but my hotel in Taipei was already booked and I could not get a refund. When I asked for a hotel refund from KLM they told me that they would not give me one, because according to EG-Vorschrift 261/2004 they don't have to give me a refund. In addition the flight attendants on my flight from Taipei to Amsterdam were very unfriendly and the service was not good. Next time I will fly with Air China since their service and friendliness was excellent.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.