“Horrible Airline Experience”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

HORRIBLE service! I would never ever recommend this flight line to anybody. They made me check a bag that was under the weight limit- which had many of my breakable items in it and then refused to put a fragile sticker on “insisting” they didn’t have any. What kind of airline does not have fragile stickers? Furthermore, they refused to let me check my other bag and check in at an appropriate time. I arrived at 4:30 and they said come back at 6. So I go back at 6 and they tell me to come back at 8. My flight is at 8:55!!!? How am I supposed to get through security and halfway across the airport in such a small amount of time. I barely made it, disgruntled, sweaty, and exhausted. I fear for my bags making it successfully and undamaged across the ocean, and I fear that I will be blamed for any broken items just because I am a young woman traveling alone. This airline is certainly not doing justice to any travelers.

Date of travel: May 2024

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Worst airline experience EVER. Weather in AMS forced cancelation of last leg of a three leg flight (AMS-GOA), but rather than just rebook on another airline, KLM canceled everything and added a 20 hour layover - while I was in the air from SAN to MSP! Refused to rebook MSP-AMS, said it was canceled (it was NOT) and I had to pay $2000 out of pocket to KLM to rebook a reasonable itinerary on my own - on the originally booked MSP-AMS route! KLM refused to refund that rebooked flight, totally insane. Good luck getting an agent on the phone without 90 minute hold time. Terrible terrible experience.

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Booked Glasgow to Calgary via Schiphol with lounge access. Flights times were initially changed twice in run up resulting in extra long layover. One day before departure got an email to say flights were cancelled. Despite having Flying Blue membership etc it was impossible to speak to anyone and that was after two and a half hours on the phone. KLM refunded flights and the extra you have to pay to actually get a seat on the flights you have paid for........but they claim lounge access was used. I have asked KLM to explain how my partner and myself managed to access a lounge at Schiphol airport when they had cancelled our flights and the Lufthansa alternative we had to find ourselves went via Frankfurt!. I have now spent enough time on this (I'm on their messenger service right now but will have to give up - their tactic appears to be keep you waiting so long or ask for so many different bits of info that it is easier to give up and they can just pocket the money without offering any service). So that's it, KLM took £106 off me for nothing at all in return except hours and hours of grief. I will not use them again but hey ho they won't care and they'll still have my money.

1  Thank 505graeme
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The customer service is useless, you would get more out of talking to a wall. We followed all the guidelines they provided and did everything they said, they still destroyed our bagage and refuse to be resposible for it.

Reviewed May 13, 2024

Excellent flight on all levels. Business class comfort, service, on time, comfort. Even the food was good. Would definitly fly KLM again.

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.