“Very unhappy with KLM”
Review of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When heading to my destination my luggage wasn't there at Durham Tees airport. I filled out paperwork at the airport, and they said they would deliver it when they had it. I arrived at 9:30 am on May 26th. I had to buy something to wear, make up and shampoo at a cost to me. I kept my receipts and submitted them when I returned. Only to have the airline deny me. I think it's disgusting, it wasn't my fault I had no luggage.

Date of travel: May 2024
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We took a flight from Bxl to Los Angeles, via Amsterdam. At the time of initial booking we received a price, which we agreed, at the moment of paying the website blocked and gave an error message. So we started a new search, and received a price 50% more expensive !! Seen the flight was in 2 days we decided to take it, but feeling disappointed and scammed. Later that evening my wife went to visit the website again at her parents home, and to our surprise tickets at the original price were available ... Seen we had booked already we decided to take contact with KLM customer service, but the only feedback was a shady story about dynamic pricing, basically for them it was normal. For us this feels like a scam and we want to warn everybody not to make the same mistake !!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had to fly in June from Malta to Amsterdam and then from there to Dublin.
I first bought my tickets in January, flight times being 1.40pm - 5.45pm and then 9.45-10.45, something like that.
Then I March I get a call to say that my flight from Malta to Amsterdam got changed to 7.25am.
On the day I arrived at the airport and after a lot of running around I found out I’m still on the 1.40pm flight, no change was ever made, and there was just no way on this earth I could get in touch with a KLM agent.
Ended up having to wait 7hrs in the Malta airport when I could’ve stayed longer, slept in and check out at the right time and not rush and everything in the morning .
Never again honestly. All they did then when they did get back to my messages was apologize for the confusion and they advised me to check my app next time (which did have the 7.25am flight on it and I did send it to them alongside my new ticket with the 7.25am flight time)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As I was flying from Amsterdam to Los Angeles with KLM, it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. I would in fact choose KLM over one of the highest rated airlines ever. This is because the check-in process and security in Schiphol Airport was really great and so was the lounge, and when I requested for a window seat they actually gave one to me. They gave around two meals the entire flight, and they give you many options, and whenever you want you can just go to the back of the plane and request something you want. There was so much in-flight entertainment, and the seat was very good. Normally eating airline food does not taste that great, but in KLM flights it tastes even better than normal, mainly because the food they provide is better. The crew were the nicest I have ever experienced, and this airline definitely deserves a high rating.

Date of travel: April 2024
    • Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
1  Thank Ishaan J
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I planned for years to take a cruise to see the fjords of Norway. We booked our cruise on Holland America several months ago, including air travel with KLM, and a hotel for two nights following the cruise and paid in full. We arrived at LAX on the day of our flight 5 hours before the 1350 departure. When the departure time arrived, we were told there was an electrical problem in the cockpit and we would be delayed. The delay extended, over and over again. At one point, an announcement was made to change gates. When we went to the new gate and asked for information, the KLM customer service representative was extremely rude when telling us, no, we were still at the original gate. This gate was for the 1650 departure which, incidentally, left on time while we were still waiting. Finally, the flight was canceled. We were informed by the KLM gate agents that we needed to go online to rebook ourselves on other flights. They would not be helping us with that. The KLM website could not help us because our tickets had been booked through Delta. We had to wait in baggage claim for over an hour and a half to retrieve our luggage.
We walked over to the Delta terminal to try to get another flight. Meanwhile, the window to get to Rotterdam in time to board our cruise was closing. Delta was able to find us a flight, through London, that could get us there on time- but they could not issue the tickets. Only KLM could do that. So, back we went to the Bradley terminal to stand in line at the Air France counter- KLM's partners. Air France informed us that they, also, could not issue tickets for us, only KLM could do that. Guess who does NOT have a ticket counter at LAX? That's right- KLM.
Meanwhile, we were informed by Delta that KLM had rebooked us on a red eye flight to Newark. (KLM had notified us of this change via email, which we could not have checked at the airport, anyway.) We would have a 10-hour layover there, then proceed to Amsterdam, arriving the day after our cruise had departed. We had no accommodations booked in Amsterdam and no reason to be there, other than to board a ship, so we declined to go at all.
Meanwhile, Holland America offered to get us to our cruise at the first available place to board. It turns out that was Alesund, which was day 4 of a 7-day cruise. We would be missing more than half of our cruise- and why would we fly from California to Europe for a 3-day cruise?
Now, nobody is interested in refunding any of the $14,000 we paid for a vacation we did not get to go on.

2  Thank Sonja L
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.