“Always a reliable, enjoyable experience”
Review of LAN Airlines (now LATAM Airlines)

Reviewed August 7, 2016

I fly LAN fairly regularly, and they're very helpful, especially traveling with my service dog. The flights are rarely off schedule (helps to have pretty constant, moderate weather conditions) The snack boxes on the short-hops are just about perfect, for killing time & having a little nibble.
The attendants are always very gracious; never had a snarly one, like you often get on North American airlines these days.
The seating is comfortable & they will often open both front & rear doors, to speed up disembarking.
The luggage arrives remarkably quickly on the carousel and I haven't lost one yet, despite most of my flights being connectors.
Overall, they provide a very pleasant flying experience. Highly recommend them.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (3,275)

Reviewed August 7, 2016

We took several flights with LAN whilst travelling in South America.

The planes were clean and comfortable. Average legroom and food. Check-in efficient.

Unfortunately I was ill when travelling from La Paz to Quito via Lima. The staff onboard the flight from La Paz to Quito were extremely helpful and sat me in Business Class where I slept for the rest of the journey.

We had a 5 hour stopover in Lima. I was barely able to stand. My husband asked if we might use a wheelchair and, despite there being 3 lined up by the desk, we were told 'no'. No help was offered. When the flight was due my husband asked if we might priority board and was told that we would have to wait for the Captain to decide when he got on board! Fortunately an off duty Flight Attendant heard my husband and told him there was absolutely no reason they could not priority board me. My husband had another word and, after ascertaining I was fit enough to fly, I was allowed to priority board. Despite the fact that the staff knew I was ill and I spent about 20 mins in the toilet (I was escaping the smell of the coffee and fell asleep) no-one spoke to me or checked how I was.

When we landed we waited until last to disembark and a lovely young man outside the aircraft sat me in a wheelchair and we were through customs and had collected our bags in about 10 mins. I was so grateful as I really don't think I could have walked all that way myself. It turns out I had a temperature of 140!

For short haul flights around South America I would use this airline again. I just think the staff could do with some training on how to treat passengers with more sympathy and compassion.

1  Thank Smileydeb
Reviewed August 6, 2016

Nice airline with decent staff and about average seat wise. Would we use again....yes. The flight was interesting as I had a window seat and my companion was a lovely Japanese Tour guide who hated flying!!.

Reviewed August 5, 2016

Having flown with this airline for the first time in 2015, and been pleasantly surprised, I had no hesitation in booking all my South American flights with them. From Santiago to Lima, Cusco, Peurto Maldanado and back to Lima (all in Peru), and then from Santiago to Punta Arenas and return, all flights were pleasant, efficient with friendly flight crew, speaking in Spanish and English. <eals and refreshments were all included in the flight cost, and the planes were clean and on time in departure and arrival. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 5, 2016

Always that I can I choose LAN, basically because the onboard personal are very kind and good at his job. Also the entertainment is very good and independent for everyone so you can choose what you see instead of using a common screen. The only problem lately is that the new Dreamliner aeroplanes are configured with the seats a little bit tied.

In Summary, a very good option for national and international flights.