“When everything is well, this airline shines, but when there's ANY problem....”
Review of LAN Airlines (now LATAM Airlines)

Reviewed December 23, 2016

I have flown with LAN/LATAM many many times, and everything is pretty nice, personnel is generally nice, the dreamliner airplane is amazing, even in economy, and baggage handling is appropriate. However, there's 2 black spots they need to sort out.

1.- When anything goes wrong, be it turbulence, delays, baggage problems, you name it, I really mean ANYTHING, this airplane is terrible. On site customer service staff kind of lose their mind and don't know what to do, and don't get me started on callcenter customer service. I have NEVER dealt with such incompetent people in my entire lifetime, of all problems I've had, they have never been able to solve a single one. It seems they are outsourcing the customer service to Colombia, and they don't properly prepare their customer service personnel.

2.- There is a BIG difference between the chilean LAN flights and the brazilian TAM flights. The reference comes from a chilean, but trust me, we're the best at slamming our country really hard. LAN service on board and personnel is leagues above TAM, hopefully this will improve.

Date of travel: December 2016
3  Thank Felipe P
Write a ReviewReviews (3,281)

Reviewed December 21, 2016 via mobile

Great service. Loved the food. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to have a comfortable flight.

Date of travel: December 2016
Reviewed September 14, 2016 via mobile

Have never travelled with Lan long haul and certai lu it will be the only one I would travel on .from start to finish the whole team are absolutely perfect . Prior to departureand my husband call them regarding assistance and they immediately have us out away numbers u like most airlines we have to either pay or wait I top 24 hours prior to departure. CABIN FEW EXCEPTIONAL ON FLIGHT TO SAN PAULO AND THEN TO ASK .WE FLEW THURSDAY 8TH SEPT . DNA I YOU ALL SO MUCH BARBARA HOLLOWAY

Date of travel: September 2016
1  Thank rastarambo
Reviewed September 12, 2016

This was one of the worst experiences I have ever had and I often fly internationally.
I was booked on the last evening flight from Cuzco to Lima departing @ 7:15pm to make my international connection with Delta @ 00:50. After boarding and waiting almost 45 minutes on the plane an announcement was made in Spanish and I noticed all passengers were getting off, eventually I found out the flight was cancelled. After waiting an hr at the service desk I was told that I would be put on a flight tomorrow to Lima but since LAN did not have an agreement with Delta I was basically on my own. I was given a cell card with a $10 value to try and contact Delta, however, none of the phones at the airport worked. I was given a hotel voucher but was not told that I MUST go to that hotel and in addition the airport was closing.
To make a long story short, I eventually went to a hotel and left the next day but had to wait almost 9 hrs for my international connection. LAN no help at all. I also had to pay an international change fee that LAN was to reimburse me but that never happened.

Date of travel: July 2016
8  Thank Cruisinbob
Reviewed August 23, 2016

I liked the configuration ie 2 seats on the outside sides of the cabin, very smooth journey very good service/food, time passed very quickly

Date of travel: September 2015