“Reasonable price, but we bid and won upgrade to Premium class, it was worth the extra”
Review of LAN Airlines (now LATAM Airlines)

Reviewed March 18, 2017

Bid on and got upgrade to Premium economy, so no hassle about 3rd bag, weight of other two bags, towel, drink, lunch, it was a cold lunch but good, and the wine was ok.

3  Thank Pepperjackm
Write a ReviewReviews (3,277)

Reviewed March 2, 2017 via mobile

Flight 603 on February 27th was my first time with LAN aka LATAM airlines. My wife and I both think that the service, attitude and overall performance an outstanding experience.

When we changed planes in Santiago to flight 449 the service and attitude was equal. This left us with the belief that it is an airline that employees like to work for and take pride in their service, unlike their american counter part United.

The food service was great. We got food and drink at the same time, unlike other airlines that can only provide you with one and an hour later with the other. Maybe this is due to adequate staffing. Flight 603 from LAX to SCL had 19 crew members.

I am not sure what United Has for a 737, but my brother & Sister who flew United the following day had nothing good to say about their overall experience.

When we compared food, service, quality, entertainment LAN was a clear winner.

The only complaint I have is an industry wide problem of inadequate seat size and spacing in economy class. Yes you can purchase better accommodations, if there are any left and you can afford it during your initial booking process.

Making last minute changes was impossible. Gate agents said the only way to make changes was online. When I attempted via an earlier phone call to the airline. I was told to try at the airport. Clearly there is a disconnect in their change request process.

Seat selection was available during initial booking. Unlike the United process, my brother and sister were unable to attain adjacent seating at the check-in and preselection was unavailable during booking.

Boarding process on both flights were conducted from the back of the plane forward several groups at a time. We felt that made the process more efficient.

We each had to pieces of checked luggage and found no additional charge for the second piece. We each carried backpacks on board as well.

2  Thank Charles M
Reviewed February 11, 2017

LATAM flight 2422 to Lima was cancelled on 1/3/17 routed their passengers to Santiago. Very poor customer service in Cordoba and Santiago. In Cordoba LATAM personnel had 5 hours to re-book passengers and they only did half of the plane. We arrived to Santiago (not our destination) without knowing how we were going to get to Lima. Finally, someone at the desk re-booked us to Lima but we missed our connection with the same airline to Cusco. Bad bad customer service.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Review collected in partnership with Sky-tours
4  Thank Nicke_S71
Reviewed February 3, 2017

We've booked about 9 months ahead in Business class with a 75 pitch lie-flat seat on a 787-9 and were denied this paid reservation. They only offered a 31 pitch seat on a A319 instead.

Neither per Email nor phone they were able to give at least a reason and denied our original booking.

6  Thank Value4Price-Seeker
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

This was second time I had an issue with the check in. Today I reached the AEP 2 hours and 15 minutes to catch 12:45 flight. The window for International check in was from 55-59 and the line was all the way pass information center, outside of check in hall. There was no bag drop area. I was told the check in time will be closed 45 minutes prior to boarding time. By 12, I was still far away from the counter. Asked few times and was told that need to be queue up in the line. After a while, only two counters opened and the line ran very slowly. At that time, I realized my surroundings were all for same flight which gave me a bit relax. At 12:45, I finally got my boarding pass and ran through security, immigration, and to the gate. There were still quite many passengers behind me. I did finally catch the flight but I was so exhausted once I was inside the airplane. I never had an experience like this. Total waiting time was more than two hours. Besides the issue with check in, LAN did provide great services in flight comparing to all US airline I took. I would only suggest the passengers in AEP and Lima airport to go early. This was two airport I had an issue with LAN check in

2  Thank Travelover64