“Hands down the absolute worst experience in my 10 years of frequent flyer flying.”
Review of Lion Air

Reviewed February 21, 2018

Delay almost 2 hours (yes, almost, because if more than 2 hours they might have done something). Missed our connecting flight which, granted, was with another company. Sure it's "not their responsibility" as they loved to repeat at least 10 times, but nobody to help even warn people in the connecting flight and not nobody to even apologize, or even put us in front of the plane so we can get a little head start. Sorry but 2 hours delay is your responsibility..
Cost me $1000 to buy another one way ticket back home for my girlfriend and I

Absolutely useless people, terrible service and highly suggest to never fly with them. They will let you die if it saves them a minute of slacking off.

1  Thank snipe89
Write a ReviewReviews (1,646)

Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

Terrible service. Problem with person with long names. The day the flight departs, I went to the airport and they said I cannot check-in because the name is not appear to be the same as the passport. So I contacted the customer service. They said the name cannot be changed and needed to book for a new flight. No refund or compensation. NOT RECOMMENDED.

1  Thank Chalanthorn C
Reviewed February 18, 2018

This is a terrible airline. Our flight time arrived and no plane - no communication. 2 other Lion Air flights passengers had been waiting 3 hours and still no planes or communication. We ended up leaving 3 hours late. Air hostess fell as sleep during take off. Very unprofessional and poor.

• Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

This airlines very popular as a delay airlines in Indonesia, if you wanna booking another connection flight after flew with Lionair please prepare extra hours for safety gap or you will lost your next flight, because they will not responsible for your connecting flight even with same airlines. I don't see the professional look for the cabin crew also, seems it's an express training for it. And make sure to wrapping your suitcase before put it onboard with them, or you will disappointed to see how they handle your bag.

• Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

The flight was severely delayed due to “operational reasons”. Over 4 hours late, with no precise information from the ground staff. Instead of arriving mid-evening we touched down in the early hours of the morning. By this time there were virtually no taxis at the airport and had to wait a further hour before I could head on towards my hotel.
You often hear complaints that airlines “pad” their schedules to ensure good punctuality statistics, Lion Air seem to do the opposite, with the flight actually taking longer.
I would never consider using Lion Air again, unless it was really the only option.
I have subsequently discovered that they have a reputation for tardiness. You have been warned.

• Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)