“always a pleasure”
Review of LOT Polish Airlines

Reviewed July 19, 2018

I take the ORD-WAW/WAW-ORD flight several times a year and have been never had a single reason to complain. Business Class service and accommodation is excellent and the value for money proposition is unbeatable at about 30% of what Lufthansa would charge to German destinations from ORD. Compared to some other airlines, the C class offering is more basic but as a frequent traveler who only really cares about comfortable lie-flat seats and a solid helping of food and drinks, it is absolutely all I need. No frills but predictably good every time. Some of the older 787-8s are starting to show their age a bit but the new 787-9s that have recently started operating on this route cannot be faulted. WAW airport is easy to navigate and has a nice Star Gold lounge area with a good and solid quality selection of food and drinks. Airport staff is efficient and courteous and doesn't bother with American style fake smiles, which is refreshing. Happy to recommend and use again and again.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (3,185)

Reviewed July 19, 2018

My family had been waiting and saving for years to go on this Europe vacation. Hours before we board the first of three flights I notice that something is not right with the second flight from Toronto to Warsaw, I have not received any notices but an odd character has shown up on my travel App. Turns out the flight was cancelled! This happens I have travelled extensively and understand, but what I had to endure to find alternative flights was beyond painful. The LOT contact center is so overwhelmed that each time I wanted to contact them it would be well over an hour wait and they just could not be bothered with what felt like a little problem to them. I tried social media and they responded quickly with a greeting then nothing else.
We ended up losing out on prepaid hotel rooms and days of our vacation. We flew Lufthansa over to Europe as LOT could not accommodate us and it was a nice flight.
We flew back on LOT and at the connection in Toronto we were missing a suitcase and the Air Canada rep could not print boarding passes due to some technical error on LOT's side, we almost missed our connection and still are missing luggage.
The LOT agent in Toronto at missing baggage sent us forward saying we could submit a lost bag form online, which I did; the online response was I should expect a reply within 4 weeks.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Cale S
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

Great plane - looks brand new. Boarding was a snap and I’m surrounded by the best flight crew I’ve seen in years.... What’s not to like?? Go LOT!!

1  Thank BeefPit
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Good flight - punctual, comfortable, complimentary tea and biscuit, clean and good info. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

The new direct flight of LOT from Chicago to Budapest is very convenient. The aircraft was clean and more comfortable than the usual transatlantic flights. Food was OK, movie selection was better than expected. The flight was completely full and if one doesn't reserve seats ahead (for a fee) than there is no guarantee for seats together. The US customer service takes literally hours to get through on the phone. The Hungarian customer service was easy to reach.

Date of travel: June 2018