“Longhaul comfort”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed December 17, 2017

Fantastic service, luxurious from start to finish, comfortable journey, excellent facilities and services. Would definitely recommend for both business and leisure trips!!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (23,653)

Reviewed December 17, 2017

Well allright, as I said above. I am used to flying Economy with other Airlines, such as Thai, Singapore, etc. But Lufthansa really does not make much fun in Economy.

They jam their seats into the rear for profit margin and if they could, they´d seat more people on top of the wings too, as it seems.

I´ve had a nice nap in the night, as best as I could. The blanket provided seemes to be quite short for a 5ft9/175cm tall man, I don´t know how taller guys can handle it. It seems that I am average built, and still I had my shoulders and feet always outa the blanket. Not too comfortable when cool Air condition blows through the galley. If you are not prepared for a cold flight, you are bound to start your vacation with a severe cold. Thank you for choosing Lufthansa? Well, is that meant sarcastic?

As a former FQTV I am used to service like this and like that. I am used to crews wandering the aircraft at night offering water and other drinks. Also crews who remind front seaters to adjust their seat while service is ongoing so that people behind you can have lunch, dinner or breakfast without having a seat jammed in their face (and their trays crushed to the ground). Happened to me, and I had to start a conversation with my front neighbor, who turned out to be a frustrated German citizen who did not like such contact at all, yet reserved all amenities for himself. Courtesy for Germans is never comparable to US or UK courtesy, it is simply just rude!

Don´t get me started on stand on the right, walk left. on escalators. Its a subject to write psychological articles on cultural behavior differences. If you remind an American to stand on the right if he blocks the passage, he excuses himself and does so. If you ask a German, you are bound for grins, arguments, bad and rude comments and showing their worst egoistic side.

Coming into an aircraft and watching people being rude to each other is not a matter of how airlines are organized but how attentive their staff is. It is possible to manage it, and Lufthansa employees do their best I must say. Having flown United once and never again, I can see the differences.

All in all I had a nice, but average flight. It would have been better if staff had done all their duties and offered drinks in the night, not me having to ask for it. Also it would have been nice to notice the birthday of a Gold Star Member of the Airline accompanying me on his very special day and saying a brief "welcome and happy birthday". This staff on that plane simply did not care. And that showed the difference between earlier flights I have had with Lufthansa and this one.

Needless to say that after my tray experience I chose to fly Premium Economy back, which was a little bit better and more comfortable, just a few centimeters more can really make a difference! Greed for profit does not!

Reviewed December 17, 2017

Due to a lack of alternatives for my destination I use Lufthansa for short haul travel.
Got this time caught in the snow chaos, my flight to Heathrow got cancelled. Can happen, the airline is not responsible for bad weather. However, to assist passengers as much as possible they are responsible for. The queue at the transfer desk was enormous. Of course not all counters staffed. While the queue got longer by the minute, two employees packed up and closed their station to go off shift - not to be replaced. After over an hour I reached the counter, the staff member was excellent - Hotel, taxi, food and flight for the next day sorted very efficiently. On the next day, the bus was already stopping at the plane after an already delayed boarding (no announcement why we were delayed) - and stood there, keeping the doors shut. No information given. After a while the bus turned back to the terminal. Again, no info. After we all got off again and arrived back at the gate, an announcement was finally made. Technical issue with the plane. They had another plane ready, so after another 40 minutes we went there and boarded. And on the plane we waited and waited - on enquiry we were told that they were waiting for more passengers. With a 2 hour delay we arrived at Heathrow. All that wouldn't be too bad, if updates would be given to the passengers regularly and of course if the airline wouldn't save in ground staff. Surely the weather forecast can indicate when more staff is needed. When it came to strikes it was never a problem for the staff to accumulate at the picket lines.

1  Thank OBvZ-L
Reviewed December 17, 2017

The flight was delayed at Manchester whilst the wings were de-iced and we had a connecting flight to Zagreb also booked with Lufthansa but operated by Air Croatia. We advised the steward who was very helpful. Announcements were made during the flight providing information for passengers with connecting flights. The flight was good with complimentary drinks and snacks provided. On arrival, our connecting flight should have departed 5 minutes earlier. We had our boarding cards and rushed through Munich Airport. As we got to the gate, the board read that the Zagreb flight was being delayed due to late arrival of another aircraft. Thank you Lufthansa for taking your passengers into consideration. Excellent customer service.

Reviewed December 17, 2017

This was the first time I've ever flown with Lufthansa. I've always known about them, but just never used them. I had to make a flight booking at the last minute, and Lufthansa was the only airline with a good schedule of a not-so-early flight, whereas the only airlines had super early flights or red-eye flights. Because of this, my ticket was pretty expensive. I flew from Shanghai to Bucharest, with a stopover in Munich, and the flight was operated by Lufthansa the entire way. I paid approx $2200 AUD for a return flight, whereas other airlines were averaging $1400 to $1700 AUD.

The service was friendly, check-in was easy, and the flights all took off on time. The on-flight entertainment system was a touch-screen tv. I wish there were more films and tv shows to choose from. I also felt that the seats were fairly narrow and the leg room was smaller compared to other 4-star planes.

Overall, I was happy with them and their service and am happy to fly them again. I think their price point is fairly high though, but I'm not sure if it was because I booked my ticket 2 weeks before the flight and I chose convenient flight times, or if because their prices are consistently expensive. If they are consistently expensive, then it will make me reconsider making them my first top 3 choices when booking a flight and Lufthansa comes up as an option.