“Customer service horror in Frankfurt”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

After missing our connection in Frankfurt due to a series of completely preventable events my Lufthansa, we went through what can only be described as hours of late night horror in the hands of Lufthansa’s airport based staff and their customer service helpline. They were all completely oblivious to the distress they were putting us through - I missed my mothers 70th birthday due to the missed connection -, did not try to find any appropriate alternatives to get us where we should be today and hid the fact that we were owed compensation under EU regulation. All with the utmost rudeness and contempt.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank RMAF
Write a ReviewReviews (23,544)

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Starbucks first. First group of flight crew arrived on time but the second group were late making the flight late. Fortunately they had their coffee take away, which, I hope, was not the reason for the delay

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Today's ordinary weekly flight from Lyon to Munich made me happy for a couple of reasons:
- The staff on board was friendly, professional, funny as well as effective and efficient in serving a full plane in record time
- The flight was perfectly on time
- Little to no plastic waste as Lufthanse used cartonboard for the packaging of their food and good quality paper napkins.
- Tea and coffee that tastes as tea and coffee.
Moral of the story, things that you would and may expect from a flight company but which is getting rare.
It makes the difference in both business travels as well as for Holiday trips.
Lufthansa - Thank you !

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Everything from cost to food and being on time was superb.
On my return to Dublin I had booked extra leg room and paid extra but seat was changed at gate which was very disappointing.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Flew from Montreal to Berlin via Munich and back in business.

The connection in Munich was very efficient.
On all flights the food was very good; in Montreal I ate at the Air Canada lounge where the food was excellent.

The crew is professional and friendly.

The only thing I do not like is the business class seat on the Airbus A330:
- the seats are in pairs, 2-2-2;
- so you need to climb over your neighbour to get out of a window seat;
- if travelling on your own I find you are too close for comfort to your neighbour especially when sleeping: I would like a direct access to the aisle seat with a partition;
- seat was a little harsh.

So all in all, very good service.
But I cannot wait for their next generation business class seats which will debut on the Boeing 777-X but only in 2020!

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)