“Worst company ever”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed March 2, 2021

worst client support I have ever seen
0 flexibility if you dare to buy something on their website EVEN DURING A MONDIAL PANDEMIC
worst contract ever

I have bought a BUSINESS CLASS ticket and they don't propose a voucher ticket !(if I were asking for a refund I could understand but for a voucher...)
They allow you to buy a ticket between two countries whereas you are not authorized to do so because of your nationality. But instead of preventing it, they let you buy the ticket.....
=> Luftansa is definitely a scam company, this was the first and the last time I spent my money with them.

• Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (36,025)

Reviewed March 1, 2021

I took my first flight with Lufthansa earlier this week and can happily say the service is shocking.

Having originally booked a plane ticket from Heathrow to San Jose with a transfer at Newark through United Airlines I repeatedly called the airline to ask if I would have any issue boarding this plane as information online was unclear. I was told the flight would be okay and upon turning up at the airport on the day of the flight was immediately rejected by United Airlines.

I had previously changed the flight date and when I went to the Lufthansa kiosk at the airport I was then charged over £100 for another flight change.

Later that day I was sent an email by Lufthansa saying their would be complications in travelling up until the 28th of February and I re-booked the flight again at no cost.

As I needed to get to Costa Rica as soon as I could I called the airline the next day and told them about the email and asked if I could travel. The attendant seemed to be completely unaware of this email and I proceeded to change my flight so I could go on the 27th.

I then flew to San Jose without any issue other than a 3 hour delay at Frankfurt.

Once arriving in San Jose I was told I would be sent directly back home as I had not booked a return ticket within three months. I was at no point told this was a requirement when booking with the airline.

Under pressure from customs and having not slept for what turned out to be 20+ hour journey I quickly tried to book a return ticket and upon switching to the sky scanner app which knew me as a UK resident my journey destination switched which led me to book another ticket from the UK to Costa Rica. Annoyed with my mistake I asked the lufthansa attendant to help to see if I could get a refund or change the ticket.

What seemed like a simple request and perhaps a 5 minute phone call seemed overly complicated and I waited at customers for over 2 hours until it was empty and never received an answer having to book another flight at more cost. During this time the attendant was increasingly unhelpful and continued to mock me for my mistake with other Lufthansa staff in Spanish without understanding I spoke the language.

Throughout my experience all staff members were outstandingly unhelpful and rude.
Also they appeared to be completely unaware of basic information and seemed only interested in making sure the airlines received payments and bookings. Sign of the world we live in and the attitude of most large companies and corporations.

At one point at Heathrow I was asked to pay extra money for god knows what and when the card machine did not work it was waived. It was like they just make up the rules as they please and often at extra charges.

This was summed up the constant changing of information and lack of care shown to the customers from an airline who does not seem to understand the how to treat people.

Again another huge company treating its customers like data. Speaking to the customer service line (which I did 10+ times) is more akin to speaking to robots than real people. Truly terrible service who essentially scammed me for extra money despite advertising free re-bookings. I know this message most likely will not be read of cared for but had to give my 2 cents on a truly dreadful airline. Will never fly with them again.

Date of travel: February 2021
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • In-flight Entertainment
1  Thank Tommartin8393
Reviewed March 1, 2021

I had the misfortune of being seated next to someone who misguidedly behaved as though he had paid for a first class flight. He claimed ALL of the armrest and any little bit of space I got had to be wrestled out of him and fought for - tooth and nail! The one flight attendant who was doing the rounds during this short flight insisted on speaking to me in German which I do not understand and demonstrated a VERY patronising way of standing over me and ‘waiting like a school teacher’ to indicate that I had not carried out all instructions on the speaker which were issued by the dozen and therefore probable that a passenger would miss out or fail to follow 2 out of the 8 given in one go. Poor form, Lufthansa. You must do better!

Reviewed March 1, 2021

I booked a return trip to Chennai, India with Lufthansa. However due to COVID 19 dynamics, the airline cancelled my onward journey. The wrote a detailed email about what's happening and what my next steps could be. As suggested, I called their customer service team for options and they gave me two alternate flight options. But I had to look at different planning and requested refund. They were very courteous and processed them immediately.

This makes me wonder how the experience would have been if the initial planning worked! Hopefully next time around!

Reviewed February 28, 2021

We booked our flight back in November 2019, then it got cancelled in April of 2020 and the nightmare began. Hours of hanging on the phone, talking to a call center in India that don't care at all about your problem. They keep saying they refunded our money, but we've never seen neither the money nor the voucher. When I ask to please provide a transaction number, date and amount, I've been told that they can't. The bottom line, Lufthansa stole our money and doesn't want to give it back. Steer clear of this company!

Date of travel: April 2020
    • Value for money
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.