“My horrible experience with Lufthansa”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed February 22, 2024

I had a booking for a flight from Chennai, India to Toronto, Canada on February 20th. However, I received an email in the early hours of the departure day stating that my flight was cancelled. I was rebooked on an Air India flight later that evening, arriving a day later in Toronto. The issue arose because I was not informed that my departure date had changed, leading to confusion upon reaching the airport. Additionally, upon arrival, Air India informed me that despite travelling business class, I could only check in one piece of luggage and had to pay $240 US for the second bag. Despite contacting Lufthansa authorities, they responded by stating it was within their rights to rebook my flight and offered me only 10,000 reward points, equivalent to USD 239, which was the amount I paid for the extra baggage. I seek compensation for the inconvenience caused by the sudden changes and the additional baggage fee, as I was entitled to two pieces of luggage. The lack of apology and focus on rules and points rather than addressing customer concerns is disappointing.

Reviewed February 22, 2024

Managed to lose one of my baggage on the first flight to Düsseldorf which i received after 2 days and on the way back they lost both of my baggage pieces.
If i would recommend this to anyone? You guess

Reviewed February 21, 2024

They cancelled my flight almost 24 hours before it without being responsible for it or contacting us to rebook another flight!
I called Lufthansa almost 30 times, and every single time all the employees hung their phones on me, no one answered my question or solved my problem. Even the first time that I called Lufthansa, I talked to someone who told me that because of the cancellation, Lufthansa is responsible for providing free accommodation and free food, and all the expenses would be provided by Lufthansa only because my perfect flight that was almost 22 hours to Vancouver with 1 stop was rebooked with a 40 hour flight with 2 stops and a 12-hour layover in Montreal! He told me that Lufthansa was responsible for this, and Lufthansa would take care of all the expenses. He told me that he would send me the rescheduled ticket in one hour, but after passing almost six hours, I didn’t get any email, so I called Lufthansa again, and someone told me that all the information that the previous employee told me was wrong and Lufthansa would not provide anything for me, and even that person didn’t rebook my canceled flight either! Because of that person who wasted my 6 hours of time by lying to me and also the next employees who hung up on me, I couldn’t be able to find a flight with less duration, and my mother and my 82-year-old grandmother, who has a heart problem and did heart plantation, were forced to come to Vancouver with a 40-hour flight, which is so hard for her.
This means that Lufthansa’s employees do not provide the right information to customers. The first person that I called wasted six hours of my valuable time. I called over and over to Lufthansa to just figure out what I should do and how I could reschedule my flight.
I will write reviews on all the single websites that Lufthansa’s employees do not give customers the right information and even lie to them, and they do not solve the customer's problems at all, and that was the last time that I bought a flight from Lufthansa.

Reviewed February 21, 2024

Honestly one of the worst airlines in Europe. If there’s any alternative flight by any other airline, take that one! Even Easy Jet will provide better customer service and a more professional experience than Lufthansa does. Everything from baggage to missed connections to not reserving our seats even though we paid for it, everything went wrong on multiple flights I have taken. There was never any solution provided. I avoid it as much as I can now.

Reviewed February 20, 2024

Flight cancelled the day before for unknown reason and offered only 15+ hours alternative route and not a direct flight as the origin that I paid, terrible company

• Check-in and boarding
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.