“Flying to Barcelona - with a layover in Munich - January 2024.”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed February 24, 2024

January 2024- business as usual - a flight to Barcelona - connecting via Munich, because when flying LH , its either Munich either Frankfurt - no direct flight yet by "Star Alliance" that connects Timisoara to Barcelona.
The trip was really smooth and really enjoyed it - fast check in and very nice staff at the counter.
Boarding on time , departure on time - a bit of delay on departing from Munich - but no more than 20 minutes - so pretty decent I would say.
Clean aircraft on both trips and comfortable seating.
When in Munich I got into the business lounge in the L concourse area - food and drinks options was very good - had a more than decent lunch and an NA beer (I was working for most my time in the lounge) ... and one of the best deserts I had in years, a sort of a mouse with pickled ginger on top... a true flavor explosion.
I had just carry on luggage - nothing checked in for better mobility.
Overall a very good experience and for these short flights in Europe is difficult to beat LH services - from my perspective.

Date of travel: January 2024
26  Thank Tiberiu_Baranyi

Reviewed February 24, 2024

We wanted to be away from home Christmas after a loss in our family. We thought the perfect place would be Zermatt Switzerland. Unfortunately the cargo door was jammed and nobody on our plane received their luggage. Our flight was from Frankfurt to Geneva on December 22nd. All of our warm clothes were in our luggage and we both became sick. We purchased some clothes and toiletries hoping Lufthansa would make this right and reimburse some of the expense. Finally we received our luggage four days later. We have been going back and forth with Lufthansa for reimbursement. Their customer service has been the worst I have ever experienced. We have met all the requirements for reimbursement but yet they keep giving us roadblocks probably hoping that we will just drop it.

Date of travel: December 2023
Reviewed February 24, 2024

I frequently fly between the US and India and this was by far the worst experience I have had with any airline.
My trip was meant to be a simple Bangalore> Frankfurt> Chicago journey, but sadly this wasn't so.

1) My first flight was overbooked and I was bumped off my original flight (where I had a confirmed seat). Though I reached the airport at 12:15 for a 03:30 flight, I was made to wait at the check-in counter till nearly 2:00 for a flight confirmation. At 2:00 I was allotted a flight that was to board in 20 minutes - having me run through paying for check-in bag, run through immigration, security and to my gate. My new itenery was Bangalore> Munich> Chicago. I was also told I would receive an email receipt for baggage payment which I never got.
2) My second flight out of Munich (tied up with united 0952) boarded all passengers and then made us wait in the aircraft for over 2hours before telling us that we all had to deboard because the aircraft had technical issues.
Then I had to wait in a long line to try rebooking my flight while simultaneously trying to have an online representative hear out my issue. The online staff( on chat) was EXTREMELY unhelpful- I have screenshots of the chat where I ask for help rebooking options and they have either not responded or rudely ended the conversation. This happened with 3 chat representatives.
I finally managed to get a flight to Denver and then to Chicago - which again I had to run to the gate and barely made it.
Between delayed flights, overbooking and cancellaions- I spent an additional 11hrs traveling to my final destination, with absolutely no compensation for my lost time not to mention the energy and stress of this trip!
Though I have no complaints about the in-flight experience, the Lufthansa ground staff ( especially in Bangalore)and online help was one of the worst I have experienced.

• Food and Beverage
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed February 23, 2024

Flight was canceled a month before our family planned vacation- therefore all vacation was cancelled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Food and Beverage
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed February 23, 2024

Very disappointing. I have purchased the tickets with one baggage included. Got a confirmation with $75 each and at the counter was charged $185. This is only the beginning.

Date of travel: February 2024
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.