“Delays, Lost Bag, and Different Carry-on Size”
Review of Lufthansa

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Got to the airport in Florence. Was forced to check 2 standard hard shell carry-on bags for 160 Euros. The woman at the front desk gave me the wrong price of 60 Euros per bag instead of 80! Got to the gate and there were other people who got to bring carry-ons the same size as mine without checking them. They are inconsistent on luggage, I guess.

The plane was late by 40 minutes and we very narrowly missed our transatlantic flight. The second plane was late as well. When we got to Denver, one of the carry-ons I was forced to pay to check was, *shocker*, still in Munich Germany. Tried to file a claim with Lufthansa and was told I needed to take it up with United.

I also got items removed from my carry-ons that wouldn't have been, if I didn't need to check them in the first place.

So if you want late flights, inconsistent luggage sizes, and lost bags, fly Lufthansa!

3  Thank Adventure10085267285

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Well folks, Lufthansa will NEVER have the pleasure of my company again. On all 4 legs of our trip the flights were late causing us to miss our first connection with a loss of 3 hrs of our first day and almost causing us to miss our last connection which we made only by running the length of the terminal; not something I get any pleasure out of these days. Nope, nope and nope. There are too many other airlines that haven't had that chance to give Lufthansa another so adios, adieu, and arrivederci!

2  Thank GoItaly2011
Reviewed April 23, 2024

My recent experience with Lufthansa has left me deeply disappointed and troubled. Despite assurances of a smooth journey, my trip was marred by significant delays and a complete disregard for passenger comfort and safety.

The journey began with a flight cancellation at Heathrow Airport, disrupting my plans and necessitating unexpected expenses due to the need to arrive earlier than planned. Upon arrival in Frankfurt for a layover, further delays ensued, compounding the frustrations of passengers already weary from the extended wait.

However, it was the treatment I received from Lufthansa staff that truly soured my experience. Despite my attempts to find comfort by moving to an unoccupied seat during the night, I was rudely awakened at 4 AM by a flight attendant who callously disregarded my need for rest. This incident left me with a bruise on my arm, a painful reminder of the disrespect and neglect I endured.

Furthermore, my attempts to address these issues with Lufthansa’s customer service yielded nothing but empty apologies and excuses. Despite reaching out twice to express my grievances, including providing photographic evidence of the bruise I sustained, I received no meaningful response or gesture of goodwill. Even when I informed them of my upcoming return flight on the 28th, hoping for some acknowledgment of the distress I had endured, I was met with cold indifference.

What’s particularly troubling is the arbitrary manner in which Lufthansa staff moved passengers without regard for class or space, disrupting the comfort of passengers like myself who were simply seeking a peaceful journey. Despite my concerns being dismissed, I was abruptly awakened at 4:30 AM, adding insult to injury by leaving a bruise on my arm.

In conclusion, my experience with Lufthansa fell far short of expectations. I urge potential passengers to reconsider entrusting their travel plans to an airline that prioritises profits over passenger well-being and fails to uphold basic standards of customer service and decency.

4  Thank cecilia s
Reviewed April 23, 2024

Flying from Toronto to Krakow via Frankfurt where we had an 1hr30min layover. Both lights booked directly with Lufthansa months in advance. The Toronto flight was late almost an hour and Lufthansa did not see fit to hold the connecting flight to Krakow for several passengers. When we have arrived at the departing gate the plane was still there. Apparently the gate closed 15min earlier. The Lufthansa agents were not able/willing to help. The plane sat there for almost an additional half an hour! We had to re-book our connecting flight and waist 11 hours at the airport. We received 10 euro food voucher ... more like coffee voucher.
It is inconceivable that major carrier like Lufthansa (that by the way at that time boasted about their new customer service center) is unwilling to make even slight scheduling adjustments to THEIR flights to accommodate their customers. Total BS. Will avoid Lufthansa in our future travels.

Date of travel: May 2023
4  Thank Robert M
Reviewed April 23, 2024

My flight was cancelled two times, the third flight was delayed so that I missed my connecting flight. In total, I had 16 hours delay. Lufthansa refuses to reimburse
expenses for transportation and food that I had because of the delay and they don't pay compensation.

2  Thank Belinda B
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.