“Should have been better”
Review of Norwegian

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Cabin crew were helpful & pleasant on both flights and the food was decent. The planes were new but we were told thats why the wifi was not available - 7hr flight with no screens or wifi is a total pain. Seats were very close together, it felt cramped. Stewart Airport was very slow, the security processing the worst I have experienced so I won’t fly this route again or recommend to anyone unless they want to save a small amount of money.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (14,985)

Reviewed April 4, 2018

If I could I'd give this airline ZERO stars. They denied boarding to me, my boyfriend, and 30 other passengers even though we were a full 3 HOURS EARLY for check-in! We arrived at 1:30pm for a 4:40pm flight, and were told that check-in had closed. Why? Because they assumed that we'd check-in-in at the same time we would for a 1:30pm flight (aka 11am!) Like seriously? The Norwegian employees wouldn't answer any of our questions and told us that three hours wasn't enough time to check in all of our baggage, so we wouldn't be allowed to board. Yet the entire cabin crew, who arrived an hour later than us, were able to get their luggage checked in. Their customer service is also HORRIBLE and will not help you one bit because they are outsourced and don't actually work for the company. When asked if we could get moved to another flight, they informed us that the next flight wouldn't be going out for eight full days! What were we supposed to do for eight full days in Paris?! (I work full time, by the way.) After this entire mess, I was forced to buy a plane ticket that cost $800 just to get back to the states (from CDG to Orlando Intl, though I needed to fly back to LAX.) All in all, I'd never fly with this airline again or give them another cent of my money. I've tried to contact them every day since (it's been nearly two weeks) and have not gotten any response. PLEASE do not fly Norwegian!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
4  Thank Brianna S
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This is the only airline I'll fly from Dublin to NY going forward. Planes appeared new - very clean but seats didn't recline much and the leg room would be very tight for anyone tall - which is why I gave this a 4* review and not 5*. For anyone taller than 5'10" I'd have to advise booking well in advance and reserving a seat in the first row.

I purchased the flex fare so I could check a bag and book a seat; a meal also came with this option (along with a choice of drink - alcoholic included at no extra cost). On the return flight I must have been sleeping and no one woke me for my meal, which I thought was strange considering it had been paid for. I was accommodated later but just something to be aware of. Staff were nice but there isn't the constant walking through the aisle trying to sell to passengers. Most on my flight didn't order meals so it seems that many either bring their own on board or have snacks with them.

***Bring your own entertainment with you: music, tablet, book, powerbank, etc. as nothing available on board.*** Bring a sweater or blanket and a neck pillow too.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed April 4, 2018

My personal experience with Norwegian was in sharp contrast to what I've read on the reviews. That leads me to wonder if those reviews were actually written by real travelers. Norwegian markets itself as a cheap airline. And that's what it is. Customer service is virtually none. I only found a counter that was staffed with Norwegian employees in Oslo. Everywhere else I've been to customer service was provided by contractors. For example, in Trondheim, Norway, customer service was contracted out to Aviator, which also provide service to other airlines. It's kind of like third-party service. And most of them do not care how the customers being treated because little is at stake for them. If you miss a flight or having any other issue, they would direct you to a toll free number that would get you deeper in frustration and disappointment. So, if you view Norwegian as a fully-automated vending machine, you'll be OK because sometime the machine works and sometime it doesn't. And if you drop money in a broken vending machine, you'll be S.O.L! I would NEVER fly with Norwegian again even for free!

3  Thank PacLighter
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Norwegian, or norwagina as we call it, is the most ignorant airline company ever. They don’t pay compensations travellers are entitled to due to delays and cancellations of their flights. They just keep on turning the demands down without explanations. Boycot the company and spread the word, this is the only thing we can do as the company is not taking the responsibility nor replying to claims.

2  Thank HelTraveller