“Good expirience”
Review of Oman Air

Reviewed September 3, 2019

I did not know about that airline until I had to do my trip to Colombo, incredibly confortable plane, acceptable food and a good amount of films to watch.

Date of travel: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (4,624)

Reviewed September 3, 2019

Timely service par excellent. From a short queue to check in, efficient baggage clearance and minimal waiting time in aircraft for flight departure .

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed September 3, 2019

I was traveling from Riyadh to Kathmandu for 5 days short leave & The flight offloaded 32 Nepalese citizens from Riyadh Airport, giving us a reason that one of the crew member was sick and the airport staff from Oman Air was rude to the core, one of the fellow passenger (Nepalese Citizen) his father was in a critical situation & was in the hospital and he was leaving for emergency but this guy at the airport was so rude & heartless that he didn't care at all, I never expected Oman Air to treat their passengers in such a way, I am never flying Oman Air again.

This was the most horrible flight in my life, they made us wait in RUH apt for 7 hours and then put me into next day's flight from Oman to Kathmandu, I waited more than 15 hours in Oman with no apology or any compensation, This was my personal paid short leave and they screwed my 2 days & the best part is whenever I travel in Oman Air, my baggage always comes in another flight, I have to go back to airport next day to collect my baggage, This didn't happen once, It happened with me 03 times all together.

Oman Air should start treating all their customers euqal, You get a huge share of business from Nepalese pasengers also.

The actual travel date was 31 AUG 2018'

Date of travel: October 2018
1  Thank bibekfeb3
Reviewed September 3, 2019

We.recently traveled in Europe. We live in Australia so a flight to Europe is quite lengthy. We looked at business class options. Most airlines were charging rates that were beyond what we could afford.
Oman Air offers business class at a rate not much more than premium economy on other airlines. We booked with Oman Air and were not disappointed. There is no compromise is service or comfort. You have your own designated space with fully reclining seats. There is a privacy screen and on some planes a slight variation in alignment so that you are truly isolated if you so desire.
The staff are very attentive but non intrusive. Their manner is lovely. There is a meal time but if you prefer to eat at another time there is no fuss. They return at the requested time. And it is almost magic the way they appear. They quietly approach and kneel by your seat so as not to tower over you. They speak in a soft, gentle voice so as not to be overheard by others. At that moment you truly feel that their full attention is on you and that nothing else matters.
The checkin at Muscat is a treat. You go into a lounge where you wait in high back chairs decorated in hues of gold. You relax the moment you arrive at the airport and that feeling remains throughout your flight.
We travel a lot and have done multiple long haul trips including a trip around the world. We have flown business class before several times. This was the most comfortable, no fuss flight we have experienced.

Date of travel: August 2019
1  Thank Andrea L
Reviewed September 3, 2019

Looking forward to my business class flight to Athens I decided to go online to have a look if there was information about the flight service. ( as with Emirates) I became alarmed when the website stated that both our flight on the 4 th and our return flight on the 21st had been cancelled.

I contacted customer service and was told that an email had been sent to my husband to alert him of the changes. I asked when this email had been sent and that I required a copy. The airline was reluctant to provide me with the requested information but eventually did tell me the flight had been delayed by 24 hours and after speaking to a further representative I was passed to a supervisor by the name of Ameera. I again stated to her that the new flights were unacceptable as I had a connecting flight and appointments in Crete on the 5th and 6 th. I also stated that I needed to book new flights to get me there on time and so needed a refund. She stated that there was a different department for this with no phone number and an email address that she wouldn’t give me. She stated that she would get them to call me. No one called. I called back three times and was repeatedly lied to and still have not had a call back some 7 hours later which has left me with no option but to take the flight to Muscat and be stranded for 24 hours. The service is diabolical and insulting. More to the point the problem has been caused by the 737 max which has been ongoing for months. OmAn Air have taken my money for a flight that they knew they couldn’t commit to. The most disgusting way to do business , I’m appalled. The funny thing is look at the flight they’ve put me on on the way home!!! How on earths can I leave Muscat before I’ve even arrived. I do not have time to sort out this mess. Fuming is not the word. Please Please don’t book with Oman Air.

So, original flight

05/09/2019 MCT -ATH 14:35 - 19:50. 24 hours DELAYED

22/09/2019 ATH - MCT 00:20 - 07:15
21/09/2019 MCT - ISB 09:15 - 13:00

Date of travel: September 2019
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.