“Just a flight”
Review of Pakistan International Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Expect delays and very poor cabin condition. Things seems to be improving, but not up to the world standards.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My thoughts was the PIA domestic flight is not good, but this experience changed the picture.
Good plane, on time departure, friendly cabin crew, and good service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It offered the cheapest flights for the dates we wanted. But our connection flight from Karachi to Heathrow was delayed for more than 24 hours. The staff couldn't give a clear reason for the delay. When they had given us an overnight stay at a hotel, they didn't let us take our checked in lugagges. At least they gave us priority check in the next day. One thing for sure, I can't complain about the airline's food. It's the best I had so far.

Reviewed September 11, 2018

I am a business traveler and never in my 35 years of flying experienced such a poor airline.

Truly ghastly and the worst experience of my life. Not only did my bags arrive over an hour late being a business class traveler but the ventilation system has caused me to have a chest infection.

Islamabad airport VIP lounge only has one toilet which was occupied most of the time.

The Pakistani community should boycott the airline and force the service to improve

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Avoid this cowboy airline unless you want to be humiliated and ill treated!!!
I was due to travel back from Islamabad to Manchester on 03/09/18. We arrived at the airport to be informed that our flight had been cancelled. We received no prior notice of this. The PIA representative at the counter was extremely rude and dismissive and informed us that the flight had been cancelled due to technical issues. He lied and said they had contacted us via phone and email and when we asked for proof he was unable to provide this. We had confirmed our flights 2 days before at Kotli Azad Kashmir and were not made aware of any cancellations. The PIA agents also informed us that the flight got cancelled the previous evening - I feel this is insufficient notice! He failed to offer us an alternative flight but rather advised us to contact our travel agent and to go home. The PIA agent then walked away from the counter and another agent replaced him. In total we spoke to about 4 PIA agents before someone actually listened to our concerns. None of your agents were wearing name badges and refused to give us their names, one of your agents even started smoking in front of us without being on a break and was on a personal phone call whilst he should have been reassuring his customers. We kept being told to sit and wait. This went on for about 5 hours. Finally, we were offered an alternative flight to London and a later flight for the 07/09/18. We refused these options as London airport is 6 hours away from our home address and the flight for the 7th was too late due to school and work. After hours and hours of raising our concerns, finally we managed to get the agent to agree a flight for 04/09/18 at 11am to Birmingham (our original flight was to Manchester). We were not offered any apology, no compensation or travel fare to get us to a hotel. We travelled 5 hours from our address in Pakistan to get to Islamabad airport only to be disappointed and mistreated. We had used all our money thinking we would be going home on the 3rd September. We had to borrow money from relatives who had come to drop us off at the airport. We had to pay further money to arranged overnight accommodation, food and then the taxi back to the airport in the morning. Also, an expensive taxi from Birmingham to Rochdale (which is a 3-hour journey) I feel absolutely disheartened and extremely upset by the way my family and I were treated by PIA. Their customer service skills are shocking, they have absolute no regard for their customers and needless to say I will NEVER use them again!!

2  Thank sbashir786